< THIRTY SEVEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| INFECTED | Chapter 37

: Watch Over Them :

The night was all quiet except for the walkers that snarled throughout the night

The night was all quiet except for the walkers that snarled throughout the night. A person holding a flashlight, looks over all of them and holds a box filled with rats. They place them over the fence, the walkers moving closer to it and eating the head clean off. They pull the flashlight away, and the scene moves over towards the prison.

Tyreese and Karen, kissing passionately in her room as the woman could sense something was wrong. She pulled away and placed her hand over his cheek. "What are you thinking about?" She asked him.

"Yesterday. Zack. I can't stop." He told her and she sighed while placing her head in the crook of his neck.

"Yeah, me neither." She whispered and he looked down and fiddled with her bracelet.

"It used to be we all had acquaintances. Just people moving in and out of your life. No big. See them down the road sometimes. Now, a handful of people you know, and that's it. They might as well be the only people left in the world. Am I talking to much?" He asked her, seeing the dead look in her eyes.

"A little, but I like it." She told him and laughed as he left out a breathy chuckle. He grabbed her hand and kissed it while he started singing. "Mmm..." she mumbled an smiled up at him.

"I got you. Deep in the heart of me..." he sang out while she patted his chest.

"Okay, now you're just embarrassing me." She laughed as he kept singing and kissed her lips.

"I got you." He whispered her.

"We should probably try to get some rest." She told him and got up.

"Yeah. Hey, come crash at my place." He told her while he spun her around. "Okay, I'll crash at your place, then." He stated.

"You know we start doing that, we're not gonna want to stop. Not just yet." She told him honestly.

"Yeah." He mumbled and opened the door. She kissed him one last time and walked away. "Goodnight." He told her while she but her lip and looked over him one last time.

Karen was out in the hallways with her defective flashlight and looked over the drawings of the children. Finding one that stood out with walkers and a name 'Nick' on top.

She laughed and walked towards the bathroom and grabbed a pitcher to fill it with water. She placed it in the sink and started rubbing her face, only to hear a rattle of shower curtains.