< SEVENTY SEVEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| THE NEXT WORLD | Chapter 77

: Love Birds :

Music was playing softly in the background as the knife was carving a hole in the belt

Music was playing softly in the background as the knife was carving a hole in the belt. A ball thrown into the house wall sounded throughout the building. There was a picture of Carl and Judith together as Rick took his watch and wrapped his belt around himself. "Do you have any toothpaste left?" Michonne asked.

"No, 'cause someone's been borrowing it everyday for two weeks." Rick told her while Michonne smiled and wrapped her hands together.

"Carl." Michonne called out.

"What? Denise says it's PT." Carl told them.

"I can't hear you. Come on out." Rick stated.

"What?" Carl asked.

"Denise says this is PT." They both say at the same time.

"You heard me." Carl said.

"Yeah." Rick admitted.

"It's time to change your bandage. And I need to borrow some toothpaste." Michonne told him.

"Okay, but I'm out of toothpaste. Bye, dad." Carl's aid while handing him the ball.

"I'll see you later." Rick said while picking up the young girl. "Come on, sweetheart."

"You be good out there." Michonne told him.

"Yeah, we'll see. And thank you." Rick said while giving her a high five.

"Oh. Spearmint and baking soda. That's my favorite." Michonne told him.

"Soon as I get it, you will." Rick stated and on the outside, Natalie and Daryl ran up to Denise.

"Hey." Daryl greeted.

"Yes?" Denise asked.

"This thing at the bottom right here. You're talking about the drink, right?" Daryl asked while the two stepped up.

"I am, but..." she stated and Daryl furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's not medical." Daryl told her.

"No, I drew a line between the important stuff and that. I just figured, if you saw it." She told him while fixing her glasses.