< FORTY NINE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| THE GROVE | Chapter 49

: Hungry :

The gas stove was sizzling over a tea pot for the five in the small house hold

The gas stove was sizzling over a tea pot for the five in the small house hold. Two little girls playing out in the field while the radio was playing with the two adults inside. A walker was chasing the young girl who was laughing and kept dodging the attacks and kept on trying to play with it. The tea pot going higher and higher as it squealed for someone to take it off the burner, but no one was there.

<><><>

Rick was holding onto Natalie as the girl has finally a peaceful rest. Carl being the first one to wake looked over the young woman who was cradled into Rick's chest as if she was a fragile glass doll. Her head was in the crook her his neck, her breath lingering over his smooth flesh as his arms were over her waist to protect her from harm.

Carl looked then at Michonne as she was curled in on her pillow and the girl was mumbling in her sleep with soft words.

He smiled lightly when she started giggling and went back into her deep sleep. Natalie felt the sun hit her face while she squinted her eyes closed together while she furrowed her eyebrows and opened her eyes to show off her brown irises.

She looked up to see a blurry figure of Rick as she sighed and pushed herself closer to his body for warmth.

"Natalie." Carl whispered while the girl shook her head.

"No, go back to sleep." She whispered back and Carl chuckled while getting over towards her and sitting in the passenger seats.

"But it's morning. We should be moving." The boy told everyone and Natalie groaned when she felt Rick tighten his grip around her.

"Please five more minutes." She whispered into his ear making the man shudder.

"That sounds like a good idea, but Carl is right." He told the woman who moaned and sighed lowly.

"But I'm so tired." She told him while getting up and rubbing her eyes. Her shirt was wrinkled and allowed her flat stomach, which was from the girl not eating that much in the past three days, and Rick's placed his thumb over her hips.

"How about Carl and I go get some food and water while you and Michonne stay here." He told her while the girl looked to Michonne who had gotten up and rubbed the drool off her face.

Natalie sighed and looked to Rick while nodding her head. "You boys go do that." She whispered and Rick smiled while kissing the top of her forehead.

"We will be back." He stated and the two boys left them, leaving Michonne and Natalie together and the girl shakes her head.

"I'm sorry." Michonne started off while Natalie took a deep breath.

"You're fine." She whispered and Michonne shakes her head.

"No, I am not. I pushed you way to far." She told the girl and Natalie nods her head.

"I am glad you can finally see that, but I don't want to talk about it." She told the other African American while she sighed.

Natalie was closing down and building up walls that she didn't want anyone to get through. She missed the way Benny and Tilly would tease each other till Natalie would have to scream for them to stop. The girl looked up at the sky and saw that black smoke was pouring into the sky while she furrowed her eyebrows. "There's smoke." She told Michonne and the woman got up and looked over the black smoke in the sky.

The black swirled with the blue, and the sky reminded while the girl was reminded of Daryl's blue eyes. She felt tears look around her eyes as she placed her head towards the seat of the truck. She closed her eyes from a moment and sucked in her lips to bite at her bottom one.

"What do you think caused it?" Michonne asked the other woman, but she shook her head.

"It could be lightening from the storm or another campsite. The men from before." She whispered and Michonne heard a bang on the truck door and she opened it up to see Rick and Carl back with the supplies.

"So, who's hungry?" Carl asked and the girl smiled sadly.

<>•<>•<>•

<>•<>•<>•

I know, short Chapter, but I'm trying to get to an episode with Rick and everyone. Please leave a comment, vote, and follow!

( Word Count 743 )

| Edited |