< SEVENTY FOUR >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| HEADS UP | Chapter 74

: Little Do You Know :

Ringing was heard loudly inside his head while his eyes squinted to block out the light

Ringing was heard loudly inside his head while his eyes squinted to block out the light. "Thank you." Nicholas stated while Glenn caught his body and fell into the pit of walkers as blood covered his face and the walkers were digging into Nicholas as his corpse was over Glenn's. He pulled himself under the garbage can and his inside while walkers were grabbing at his clothes and his fought them off and he took a deep breath as he was safe for a moment.

Little by little, someone distracted the walkers away from him and looked over his little drop of water as the sun was now down and all he could do was stare at Nicholas' dead corpse.

Morning drew, Glenn pulling himself out of the bottom of the dumpster and trying to drink the left over water, but nothing came out as he threw it to the ground and sighs.

He looked over the broken flare gun and he grabbed the gun while a voice went over. "Hey, heads up!" Enid yelled. She threw the bottle of water and it landed on the ground with a thud. "Shit, I said heads up." She stated.

She ran away, only for Glenn to squint his eyes. "Enid?" He asked while grabbing his bag and going through the window to get to the roof. "Enid. What are you doing out here?" He asked as he was walking through the small antique store.

"There's another water bottle in the corner. Take it and go." She stated, far away from the male as he kept wondering around and when he found the bottle and took large gulps and looks over the trash.

"You're not going to answer me?" He asked.

"No." She muttered.

"What happened in Alexandria? We heard that sound. The gunfire. Enid." Glenn stated, getting frustrated.

"What happened is what always happens. People died." Enid told him.

"The herd broke through the walls?" Glenn asked.

"What herd?" Enid asked, never hearing that term before.

"The walkers. They broke out of the quarry early. We got on them, but that sound, the air horn, what was that?" Glenn asked her.

"It was people. You should go." She told him while Glenn looked up at the ceiling when he heard the floor boards creak.

"My wife, Maggie, she okay? Enid? Is Maggie okay? Answer me!" He yelled, and he started chasing after her. "Enid." He called out. "Enid! Enid." He said with a pant and started following her trail. "Hey, Enid!" He yelled as the girl looked at him and ran away.