< THIRTEEN >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| PRETTY MUCH DEAD ALREADY | Chapter 13

: All My Fault :

Everyone in the group was doing something to help occupy the time

Everyone in the group was doing something to help occupy the time. Natalie was helping Carl learn his multiplication at the time as Dale came over to the group and looked over everyone. The girl smiled over at Carl when he got his answer right and before she could utter a word, Glenn spoke first.

He got up and looked to the ground before he uttered, "Um, guys." Getting everyone's attention. The girl furrowed her eyebrows as she looked to Glenn and he rubbed his face. "So... the barn is full of walkers." He told us and everything became silent.

Natalie's face paled slightly as she heard Willow laugh. "Funny Glenn, when did this happen?" She asked and Glenn swallowed as he looked Maggie who shook her head.

That's when Willow's smile dropped and the boy rubbed the back of his neck. Everyone grabbed a weapon as they trudged over to the old barn and heard the low growls of the people inside. Natalie held her breath as the smell crept out with the wind blowing in their faces.

Daryl wrapped his arm around the girl's waist and he sighed. "You cannot tell me you're alright with this." Shane muttered to Rick as he shook his head.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick explained.

"This is our lives!" Shane yelled while throwing his hat.

"Lower your voice." Glenn said as the walkers grew louder.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea told the group.

"It ain't right. Not remotely. Okay, we've either got to go in there. We've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." Shane said and Rick shook his head.

"We can't go." He told them.

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane asked confused.

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol told the crazy man.

"Okay. Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane told Carol and Natalie shook her head.

"You have got to be kidding." She muttered as Rick stopped her.

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Rick told him.