< SEVENTY EIGHT >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| KNOTS UNTIE | Chapter 78

: Half :

"So there we were, scraping our sacks in the sandbox

"So there we were, scraping our sacks in the sandbox. Open targets in the dunes. All of us sweating and swearing. Sure as Hell beat sitting on our asses thirty clicks to nowhere waiting for our humpbacked friend to defecate the keys to our transport." Abraham told Sasha as they walked inside Alexandria.

"Camels don't eat keys." Sasha stated while Abraham gave her a look.

"They do, it did. And it shit it out." He chuckled while Sasha rolled her eyes. "I shit you not." He told her.

"You're an idiot." She teased.

"I've never denied it." Abraham said while children giggled and chased each other down the streets. "Brave new world. I still can't stop thinking about Maggie having a pup. In this." Abraham told Sasha, his mind drifting.

"What about it?" Sasha asked.

"You know, the way things go. The way they can." Abraham tried to explain.

"Yeah. Maybe that's why. Because the way things go." Sasha told him and he sighed.

"Uh... you already called me an idiot." Abraham warned her.

"Never had to." Sasha joked.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow." Abraham stated.

"Nope. I'm, uh, starting a new shift. The watch post on Baggarly." Sasha stated while Abraham looked shocked.

"That so?" He asked.

"Yeah, I already talked to Eugene. He wants to help out more. Said he'd take over my patrol with you." Sasha told him, as Abraham put his hand in his pocket.

"Uh... how about that?" He asked awkwardly.

"Yeah." Sasha mumbled.

"Yeah." He repeated.

"How about that?" She asked.

"Um... see you around?" Abraham asked.

"Yeah." She said with a nod. "Yeah. See you around, Abraham." She told him while walking away and he gave her a peace sign. He made a face and sighed while walking away.