< TWENTY >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| SEED | Chapter 20

: One Legged :

The group huddled against the house as Natalie rushed inside and easily took down the first walker and Daryl took down the second

The group huddled against the house as Natalie rushed inside and easily took down the first walker and Daryl took down the second. They all looked over the place, trying to find some food supplies or even water for being on the road for more than four months. Natalie of all people was exhausted and the girl grumbled when she found nothing. Daryl came her way with an owl and she sighed. "At least we have something." She mumbled and he nods his head.

He pressed a chaste kiss to her forehead and they all looked around. That's when they all started to set up camp by moving the bodies and Natalie looked over Lori's protruding stomach.

She felt Carl lay in her lap as he tossed a can of dog food to her. "The only thing I could find." He whispered as she sighed.

They were starving enough to eat it, Daryl watching his girlfriend open the can and Rick came by to pick it up and throw it to the wall. Natalie glared at him. "It's food, Rick." She stated and he glared back.

"Dog food." He grumbled and she looked to the floor and rolled her eyes.

"We're starving, Carl needs to eat, Hershel, Beth, Maggie-" she listed on and Rick grabbed her face and snarled.

"We are not eating dog food." He breathed out and she pushed his hand away.

That's when T-Dog gave out a hiss and they all sighed in exhaustion and started running off.

Natalie climbed over the bike and held to Daryl's waist as he drove off. They had to drive off again, and probably not get another day of sleep.

<><><>

They stopped again and Daryl looked over Natalie. "Be careful." He told her and she nods her head and stepped over to Rick. "Fifteen, you're on point." Rick stated to Carl and turned around to face Natalie.

"What are we gonna do now?" She asked and Rick sighed while they unrolled the map.

"We got no place left to go." T-Dog told them.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." Maggie told them while looking over the dark red areas.

"What would you say? That was about one hundred and fifty head?" Daryl asked.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now." Glenn told them.