< THIRTY FOUR >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| THIS SORROWFUL LIFE | Chapter 34

: Six Months :

Walkers snarling through the fences and gates around the prison made Natalie feel unwelcomed

Walkers snarling through the fences and gates around the prison made Natalie feel unwelcomed. She looked to Rick as he was announcing his plan to his small trusted group. "It's the only way. No one else knows." Rick stated as Natalie shook her head.

"No, this is one of us we are talking about." She scolded her lover.

"You gonna tell 'em?" Daryl asked him, trying to calm Natalie down.

"Not till after. We have to do it today. It has to be quiet." Rick said while the girl shook her head and looked to the three men.

"You can't be serious?" She asked and Daryl looked to Rick.

"You got a plan?" Daryl asked and Natalie scoffed.

"We tell her we need to talk. Away from the others." Rick said and Natalie grabbed Rick's hand.

"Please, Rick, don't do this." She pleaded for him.

"Just ain't us, man." Daryl whispered.

"No. No, it isn't." Hershel told them and started limping off.

"We do this, we avoid a fight. No one else dies." Rick told him as Natalie shook her head.

"Daryl- -"

"All right." He told them and Natalie felt tears prick in her eyes.

"I can't believe you would do this." She muttered angrily and stomped away. Rick looked at her leaving figure and sighed.

"We need someone else." Rick stated and Daryl nods his head.

"I'll talk to her." He told him and Rick shook his head.

"Not her, she won't listen to what we have to say anymore. Once her mind is set, she stays that way." He stated and Daryl shook his head.

"That is true. But she's the best. And she should be there with you at least." He told the leader.

Rick sighed and rubbed his face. "Then I'll talk to her."

"No offense, but I think she would listen to me." Daryl cut off and Rick furrowed his eyebrows.

"What was that?" He asked and Daryl's eyes glared slightly.