< FORTY >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| INTERNMENT | Chapter 40

: Okay :

The journey was long for Rick, Carol now gone from his car as he made the woman leave with her crime

The journey was long for Rick, Carol now gone from his car as he made the woman leave with her crime. Killing two people was not okay in his book, he knew this. But leaving one of his members made his mind go numb. Losing Natalie, losing Lori, it was all taking a toll on his.

Back at the prison, Natalie was helping Hershel with a patient and pushing him to the ground as Hershel had to stick a metal object down his throat to help relieve the blood. "Henry, I need you to calm down. We are trying to help." Hershel told him steadily as he stuck the metal pipe in.

He gagged as Hershel then took a plastic tube and started placing it down his throat. Glenn on the other side of the girl held down his hands and Sasha at his feet.

Hershel then took the plastic bag and started pumping air into his lungs, allowing the man to get air as he relaxed slightly.

Glenn started coughing harshly and Natalie gave him the cup of tea. "Drink some of that. Both of you." Hershel stated to Glenn and Sasha.

The two did as they were told while Natalie took a deep breath. "Some council meeting, huh?" Hershel asked.

"We're two members short." Sasha told the old man.

"I think we should make some new rules before they get back. I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays every Wednesday." He told them jokingly as Natalie chuckled at the serious situation. "First we have to find some spaghetti." He mumbled while pumping air. "You okay to take over?" Hershel asked Sasha as the girl grabbed the valve.

He then looked to Natalie. "I need you to come with me." He told the girl and she nods her head. "Every five to six seconds, squeeze. You start feeling light headed, grab somebody else to take over. We'll take it in shifts. You want to help me and Natalie go on my rounds?" He asked Glenn while he nods his head.

"Yeah, sure." He mumbled and he looked to the man. "How long will that keep him alive?" Glenn asked.

"Just as long as we're willing to do it. As long as it takes." Glenn told him and started walking away as Sasha coughed, but kept squeezing.

Hershel went into a deep block, Natalie coming in as well to see the man dead and bathed in his own blood. She grabbed her knife only to be stopped by Hershel.

"No. Not here." He whispered to her while she sighed. He grabbed a medical bed and placed it in the cell. "Help me get him on this." Hershel told him.