< FORTY FOUR >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| AFTER | Chapter 44

: It's For You :

Walkers were snarling all around the prison, which had now been destroyed by a tank and the governors group of people

Walkers were snarling all around the prison, which had now been destroyed by a tank and the governors group of people. The walkers took over after the epic battle, and most of Rick's team had disappeared throughout the day. Michonne, who was alone, went to take up two walkers with their jaws cut out and arms removed to blend in. Seeing the prison as it was up in flames, caused something to boil in the girls heart. She was hooking a rope around the necks, she was ready to go on the move. She looked down to the ground and felt her heart lurch.

On the ground was Hershel's head, which had turned into a walker since nothing penetrated his skull. The woman shook her head and lifted her sword with teary eyes and placed the blade into his skull.

She carefully pulled it out while taking a long pause to say her blessings.

She then walked away, looking for any of her group who could have survived.

<><><>

Carl, Natalie, and Rick were walking down the deserted road. The young girl kept glancing over Rick who was limping and trying so hard to fight and stay awake after his battle. "Carl, slow down." Rick muttered, as he was a few feet behind the young teenager.

He didn't listen and kept speeding up. "Carl, stop! We need to stay together. We got to find a place with food, supplies." He muttered through his swollen face and the girl just looked to the ground, letting tears flow.

He placed a hand on his son's shoulder. "Hey. We're gonna be..." and then he didn't finish, seeing Natalie in despair and Carl in anger.

Carl walked away roughly as Natalie dragged behind the two. They reached a restaurant, and as Rick opened the door he looked to Carl. "Wait outside, okay? Keep watch." He told him and Natalie shook her head.

"Rick, you need rest." She whispered to him.

"You keep watch. You can barely stand. I'm not gonna let you go in there alone." Carl told him honestly.

"Excuse me?" He grunted.

"We've done this before. I'm gonna help you clear it. You should just let me do it with Natalie." Carl told his old man while he raised his gun.

Rick looked to the woman who nods her head. "He's right. We are immune and you are not." She told the man as he swallows his pride and gets ready to open the door.