< EIGHTY ONE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| TWICE AS FAR | Chapter 81

: Gone :

The garage door lifted to show off the bright morning light to Olivia

The garage door lifted to show off the bright morning light to Olivia. She checked the rations of the large camp. Everyone was doing their part of the town and Natalie looked over herself in the mirror as she flattened down her jeans and walked out to find her husband.

Quickly while along her way, down under the ground was Morgan replacing some bricks of his prison cell and Rick walked over, looking over the man through the metal bars. "Morgan?" He asked and the man turned around to face Rick. "Wh- - why?" Rick asked him.

"It'll give you some choices next time." He told the man and then the image fades, the same thing happening the next day and Natalie couldn't help but feel something off with herself.

She looked to Morgan who was practicing his form of control and she held onto Daryl's hand who held back. Daryl had looked inside a bag and found a toy soldier that Benny used to play with and he looked up to take a moment to grieve. He quickly tucked it away before Natalie could find it and she smiled over to him as Carol walked towards the couple.

"Didn't even notice. Got your bike back." Carol told him while Daryl sat down on the stairs with her.

"Yeah. You got another one of those?" Daryl asked while he let out a heavy sigh. Natalie furrowed her eyebrows, seeing Carol pull out a cigarette and giving it to her husband. "Thanks." Daryl stated while lighting it.

"Those people you met, the ones in the burnt forest, they took it from you?" Carol asked and Natalie crossed her arms over her chest.

"Yeah." Daryl muttered.

"You saved them, right?" Carol asked and all Daryl did was lick his lips and not giving her an answer. "Sorry. It's who you are. We're still stuck with that." Carol whispered.

"No, we ain't. I should've killed them." Carol told the woman and Carol made a soft thud by dropping the pack of cigarettes. "Hey. The ones that took you and Maggie... what'd they do to you?" Daryl asked.

"To us? They didn't do anything." Carol told him and walked away. The vision blurred again and the garage door opens.

This time, no one was out, everything silent and only thing that could be heard was the soft chime of Carol's rosary.

<><><>

"After I got out of DC, I just drove. I reminder seeing it right when I realized I had no idea where I was going. Edison's Apothecary and Boutique. It's just this little gift shop in a strip mall, but if it's really an apothecary, they had drugs." Denise told Natalie and Daryl and the woman shook her head.