Ch. 11

Happy Pi Day!

Reader's POV

We got back to Tails's workshop to work faster on the remote. It was only then I gave up on that plan (and on life) that it was missing. It was left right on the table. No one would normally just walk into his workshop unless it was someone Tails knew fairly well. Since no one knew where Knuckles went and Sticks went back to her burrow, who could have it been?

*An hour later*

We basically tore apart his workshop looking for the remote. I mean, it wasn't the cleanest place on the island before. Just a few askew papers everywhere. And some things were seriously trashed. But it wasn't my fault! Sonic was going through draws and shelves and ended up breaking them somehow. Tails, Amy and I were respectful to his stuff and just threw papers everywhere.

*After another hour*

Ok, it's official. The remote was stolen. No, it was not misplaced or lost. It was stolen. I swear if it was Egghead's robots, I'm gonna sic them with my shoes.

"Tails, just think. Who can access your workshop?" I asked.

"I leave it open all the time. I never had a problem with stealing before this." He explained. I groaned. I understand just leaving it open in the daylight.

"But, don't you at least lock it at night?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"So you don't think Egghead will steal your stuff to make his own stuff?" I asked, not trying to sound desperate. Who am I kidding? While I'm trying to reason with an 8 year old (I'm not sure about his age), someone could be throwing random stuff through the portal. We haven't heard any screams in a while so I guess that's good.

"Whatever," I said, giving up, "let's just build another remote."

"I wish we could." He said, avoiding eye contact and scratching the back of his neck. Are you serious?

"You mean, 'we can,' right?" I asked.

"Well, I planned on going to the tool store for more supplies today but I pushed it to tomorrow because we had enough today." He explained.

"Sonic, go and~" I started but Sonic already had all the supplies in his hand. I took it. "Thank you." He shrugged and I assume that meant 'no problem.' So, Tails and I started making the second remote.

*The third or fourth timeskip XD*

Tails and I actually finished the remote this time. I mean, it looked like a straggling prototype but it'll work. It actually looked like a TV remote but with just numbers, a set of arrows, a screen and a big red button. I examined it and it looked complicated to work.

"Hey Tails, can I get a 30 second lesson on how to work this thing?" I asked.

"The numbers are to set the date where you want to go, the arrows is to set the dimension and the screen shows where and when you are." Tails explained while showing me.

"20 seconds to spare." Ryder said, looking at the clock.

"Wait, I can time travel?" I asked.

"Only to a certain year and time. But don't go crazy with that. Anything you affect in the past~" He explained.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Can drastically alter the present or future. I've heard that one too many times." I said, waving him off. "What's the big red button for? Self-destruct?"

"No, that's how you make a portal." He said, like it was obvious. I rolled my eyes and looked at Ryder.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Wait, you mean you're coming with me?" Ryder asked, hopefully.

"Yeah, I gotta make a few changes in the past." I said.

"You aren't rigging the election." He told me while snatching the remote away from me. I glared at him and took a piece of askew paper and pen and wrote  instructions. After a few seconds, I handed it to him. "What's this?"

"Your instructions on how to close the portal." I said.

"You aren't coming with me?" He asked.

"If I can rig the election." I offered.

"You'll get arrested." He told me.

"It'll be worth it." I said.

Ok, so I'm trying to publish before midnight in my time. Vote, comment and all that shit bye!