Zenyatta x male reader

Zenyatta had been sent in a mission that took a full week. Having to leave you, his beloved (y/n). But he didn't want to leave you by yourself. In the end he had no choice.

Yet, since it was told in advance. He took his time out of meditating to plan things with his student, Genji, to set things up for you. All planned ahead just for you. He made sure everything was set just to avoid such conflict to your condition. He did not wanted it to worsen without his presence. He knew that with him by your side, your condition had improved so much, that it would be regretful to go back to square one.

Genji and him set up days for you to go to different areas with Genji. Zenyatta had also bought a notebook and fill it up with things for you to read. One five pages a day if you wished. Despise him setting everything up. He still felt a bit unsure. He talked to Genji about it.

"Master, why not set a surprise trip to the mountains, where you were at. You know, that mountain with the other omnics, at Nepal."Genji suggested as Zenyatta thought about it.

"(Y/N) seems rather interested in your past you know...after finding out your brother was the symbol of equality for both omnics and humans."Genji said from his meditating position.

"That's not a bad idea."Zenyatta responded after thinking about it.

"I take him there then when it seems necessary."Genji added as the Shambali monk nodded.

When it came to that day. Zenyatta spend most of the day he had before leaving with you. Not allowing anyone other than Genji to interrupt the atmosphere.

Since you were after all someone who preferred a small group of friends at a time. Though Genji only entered once to bring some cookies he thought you might enjoy. And you did enjoy them. Talking the time away with the monk who had you on his lap.

"My dearest bumble bee. I had thought a bit on what we could do after the week was over. Perhaps a small leave for the two of us, in a vacation back to your home town?"Zenyatta said as you thought about it.

"I don't know how the people would treat you though..."

"That is not in my concern my bumble bee."Zenyatta said as he let out a chuckle. Though it may had sound odd to others you found it comforting.

"Mhmmm.....well I don't see why not..."

"Great, than it would be quite the sight to see a old side of you in a way."

"Hm....Will that mean you would return the favor in letting me know of your-"

"Well perhaps, you never know my surprises to keep you busy while I'm away my bumble bee."The monk answered as he interrupted you.

"It's rude to interrupt~"You teased him as he stayed quiet. Zenyatta began to beep in embarrassment.

Usually you never had heard him beep but he used to tell you how he would beep when he was embarrassed. Though it sounded lovely.

"I am very sorry (Y/N)."He said as you hugged him. His arms were wrapped around above your waist as you leaned against him.

"I'm just teasing you. I don't mind."With that respond he allowed a relax sigh to escape.

Everything about him excited you, as a mechanic. Being a mechanic also brought your engineering side, along with the side to just ask all about Zenyatta's system. Though you were very much aware that he, did not know much of his own system.

~~~

It had started, the week without Zenyatta. Though he left an harmony orb even though you assure him that you didn't need it as much as he did.

From time to time you read more than just five pages. It was a notebook full of notes and random cute thoughts he had about you. Even a question section for you to fill in for him. Along with that, were the trips Genji would take you. Different areas with different notes to find. As if it was a treasure hunting and you were just a kid.

Before the day he would come back. Genji took you to Nepal. To know about how he was back then. The two of you were just talkinv about it. How Genji used to see himself before Zenyatta got him to accept himself and forgive the past. You were interested in it all. It surprised Genji when you asked to speak about how he was back then and way before meeting Zenyatta. As you, only met Zenyatta through a emergency with him. Quite something funny if you didn't say so yourself.

In the end you knew more about Genji and Zenyatta along with a bit more knowledge of Mondatta. Sometimes, you wondered how much Zenyatta missed Mondatta to this day.

It had finally came the day that Zenyatta would come back and you two would go out to a week leave to relax. As the aircraft came, Genji and you waited excited for Zenyatta to leave the aircraft and greet the two of you. But instead half of the agents that were sent came out. Only Soldier 76 and Reaper came last. It surprised the two of you.

It didn't take long for you to be all over Jack Morrison. Because you wanted an explanation.

You needed an explanation.Yet Jack nor Gabriel would answer you directly.

"Everyone else around! I need you all to gear up! We need assistance to those who were left behind. The following people that are listed must come without any issues. (Full Name), go gear up! Genji Shimada! Hanzo Shimada! Wiston! Tracer! Zarya!"He said as you and Genji exchanged a look and went to get your gear. Though you were more support than an offense or defense agent. But thT didn't mean you didn't put up a big fight if it were to settle upon it.

The aircraft took flight after everyone got in. You conversed with Genji as you wondered what was going on. And why Zenyatta didn't come to fill up his energy if there was still an issue.

Jack took you aside to explain what was going on. Gabriel took it upon himself to explain to Genji. You were caught off guard by the news. That Zenyatta had been badly damaged to the point that they had to hide and cover him until backup came. Meaning you were to fix his system. Something you found very privated thing of his.

But it was to be put aside. You needed to fix him up as fast as positive. D.Va had you over her mech as she guided the rest with you holding the parts that could be used if he was damaged in certain areas.

You jumped off with the box of parts and made your way over as you were greeted in a hurry by the rest.

You were not letting him die off like that. Reaching Zenyatta as he was trying his best to fix himself. Yet he knew better than to do it on his own.

"Zenyatta!"You called out as his attention turned to you.

His harmony orbs still worked but didn't hover as they should had.

He was relieved to see you. Spotting the missing harmony orb of his in your pocket. He was relieved to know that by helping you, you would return the gesture of helping him.

'The same way you save me, is the same way I want to save you' He remembered you telling him.

"In the end....we saved us from our own issues."

He told you as you told him to shut down to properly work. But he didn't shut down before seeing that tearful smile of yours as you agreed.

Because saving us together meant becoming something greater