Reinhardt x male reader

He believed he'd died when the explosion had occurred. It had been a simple mission, observe Talon's movements in El Dorado, but it'd quickly gone wrong. They'd known of their plans to spy on them, and they'd set up a trap. As a result, Widowmaker had been there along with Reaper, and Sombra. The three had caused havoc in a short amount of time and successfully split the group up and began picking off agents. Then, a large explosion that was set off on accident when gunfire hit an explosive barrel set off a chain reaction. The Talon agents used it to flee as their base of operations was blasted to bits as several more explosions went off, and Reinhardt could only watch as the place where his lover had been hiding was destroyed. He tried to go and dig him from the burning rubble, but he had been dragged away by jack and Ana as more explosions rang out through the air and smoke filled the air. That was the last he had seen of him ever again. That is...until now...

--

He stared in shock at the man before him, mouth dry as he struggled to form any words. It was him...his lover, (y/n). He had not seen him since that fateful day so many decades prior when he was in his prime. When his hair was still golden blonde, his skin soft and pale, and his name was known worldwide due to his abilities as a tank. Back when he took for granted what he had till he lost it. Back when he had lost his chance to tell (y/n) that he was going to be his fiancée.

The (h/c) haired man looked at him with dull eyes from where he sat behind bars. His once cheerful, carefree spirit was untraceable and long gone. Now only the shell of a man remained and as he focused on his figure, his eyes grew wide in disbelief. "Have I finally died?" he asked in a voice that was scratchy and raw from only using it to scream in pain from what Talon had done to him. Reinhardt blinked, scattering his thoughts and lunged forward onto his knees before him. He reached through the bars, caressing his cheek with a hand. "(y/n)?" He breathed, and he tilted his head at him with wide eyes. "Reinhardt ...? Is that really you...?" He nodded as he continued, "I-It's really you...you came back for me." Tears formed in his eyes.
"That's right, and I'm getting you out of here."
"But how...?"
"The old fashioned way of course."

With that, he stood up and smashed the lock. He yanked back the iron-barred door and stepped inside. He struggled to stand, but his legs were too weak to support him. He quickly went to his side and slung his arm over him shoulders before he shot him a smile. "You look so different, (y/n)," he commented. "You're one to talk, Reinhardt ."
"Hmph, come on...let's get you out of here. We've much to catch up on," he said.