Moira x female reader

You stared, open mouthed and slack jawed, at your wife after the bomb she just dropped. "Talon? As in the international terrorist organization, that Talon? Moira," her name was a whisper on your lips as you struggled to process what she'd said. "I thought you were happy, here, at Oasis."

Moira's sigh was audible; she was smart enough to know when she was about to be met with resistance by you.

"Oasis doesn't have half the resources Talon does. Imagine how many doors will open for us."

Us. You'd turned a blind eye to quite a bit in your life for the sake of 'us' hadn't you?

How far were you willing to watch Moira stray? How much were you willing to let passively happen. You distantly understood the cognitive dissonance you engaged in on a near daily basis for the sake of 'us'. The compromised morals for the chance that the geneticist would smile at you, touch you- love you.

"Moira this is too far. Talon goes out of their way to cause problems and hurt people."

The line in the sand was drawn before you realized the words were even out of your mouth.

There was a noticeable shift in Moira's demeanor as she understood this would not be a small hump to coax you over like she had in the past.

She was silent, no doubt her mind ticking away to figure out how to pacify you and still proceed to do what she wanted to do.

"Why don't we sleep on this and discuss it in the morning."

You knew exactly what she was doing. Baiting for more time to think, to plot, to plan. She'd spent so long being able to have her cake and eat it too, she doubtlessly thought there was a way to continue to do so- if she had more time.

Doubtless, too, that if you acquiesced to her that she'd give you the fucking of a lifetime. Flood your body with oxytocin and dopamine so you're full of bonding hormones and draw a yes out of you.

"No. There's nothing to discuss. I know better than to ask you to choose, Moira."

Packing your bag would be the hardest thing you'd ever done. No doubt you'd cry like a child, tonight, alone in a bed by yourself for the first time in God knew how long.

It hurt. You knew it would. You, God help you, still loved her.

You loved her but that didn't mean you could sit by and accept the chaos she'd unleash on the world, guided by Doomfist and equipped to the teeth.

When you found a place to sleep that night, you still dreamed of her.