Ch.32 Clever disguise

Hey guys, so I just posted the first chapter of my new story 'The Big Five' which most of you probably know is about Jack Frost, Hiccup, Merida, Rapunzel, and Elsa like I mentioned in the last chapter. Now I didn't think I'd post it this month, but then I realized that I really wanted to show you guys it before I leave for college this August, and hopefully I should be able to finish it before I leave.  So if you love the 'Rise of the Brave Tangled Frozen Dragon' fandom along with Jelsa, then be sure to check it out :)

Now hiding in a nearby closet, Terrence and Aidan held their breaths as they peeked through the cracks of the sliding closet doors to see Lydia stepping through the living room while looking around. Knowing she was most likely searching for the items, they remained quiet as they watched her began to search the bookshelf.

"What if she wants to search in here?" Aidan whispered.

"Then we're dead" Terrence replied in a mumble.

"Where is it?!" they suddenly heard her growl as they peeked through the cracks to see her shoving the books off the bookshelf.

But with no luck on finding the items, she gave a loud frustrated groan as she turned around and spotted the basement door. Having no other ideas on where to search, she went up to the door and opened it as she began down the stairs.

"Come on" Terrence whispered as he opened the closet door.

"But what about the items?" Aidan whispered back.

"We'll have to do it later, we can't do it with her in here."

"Can I at least search the bathroom real quick?"

"Seriously Aidan?!" he hissed "Now?!"

"It'll be quick" he promised, "There's just one place I wanna look."

And he was off before Terrence could reply.

"Dude!" he hissed while turning to the basement door, hoping it wouldn't open anytime soon.

But just when he thought they would be caught, Aidan came out from the bathroom with a proud smile on his face and a large tampons box in his hands.

"Found them" he announced while holding up the box.

"Wait seriously?" Terrence gasped.

"Turns out this box is actually a safe, look."

He opened the flaps and revealed to him the front of a safe.

"No way" Terrence gasped with amusement "She disguised the safe as a tampon box, that's really clever."

"Sometimes I feel like girls are more clever than us."

"So they're really in there?"

"Yep," he lifted the latch and opened the safe to reveal all the items "See?"

"Wow," Terrence breathed astonished "Looks like that brain of yours really came in handy."

All of a sudden they began to hear footsteps coming up the stairs from the basement as their hearts began to pound.

"Let's go!" Terrence hissed as they hurried to the front door and stepped out and quickly shut the door just as Lydia opened the basement door.

They then ducked below the window in case she would turn her head, and staying low they crawled down below the windows and towards the edge of the house where they got up and took off into the woods.

"Okay that was close" Aidan breathed in relief.

"We gotta hide these somewhere else now" Terrence pointed to the safe "Come on."

(Flashback) Even though she knew what she was doing was risky, Jillian knew she was always taking risks, especially if it involved giants. So after climbing up the beanstalk, Jillian once again found herself at the top of the clouds and in front of the Giant's castle. After taking a deep breath, she made her way to the front of the castle where she crawled through an opening in the giant doors and inside the main entrance.

Knowing exactly where to look for the gem, she hurried to a nearby door that was left ajar as she slid through the crack and into the Giant's room. Once inside, she made her way to the giant desk where she spotted a box of jewels and gems that was left open. 

"Bingo" she grinned as she went up to the desk and looked up at how high it was.

Needing a way to climb up, she pulled out her bag of magic beans that she always carried with her along with a bag of soil, because without soil, her beans wouldn't be able to grow. So not wanting to grow a large beanstalk, she only put one bean into the bag of soil and quickly set it down and stepped back as she watched the beanstalk grow out from the bag and up towards the desk, just high enough for her to climb on.

Once she was ready, she began to climb up the little beanstalk until she made it to the top where she pulled herself onto the table. She then hurried to the box of jewels and began to search for the gem. Knowing that it would have been tiny for a giant, she knew she had to look for it on the jewelry for it could be part of a necklace or even a bracelet. It wasn't easy though, the jewelry was so large that it was tiring for her to move them while searching.

Her arms began to ache, but she finally managed to find a necklace that contained the gem she was looking for. It was a simple necklace with a single gem pendant, and used an earring hook, Jillian began to pry out the gem from its base until it popped out. Once it was out, she held up the brown gem and admired the beauty it possessed while wondering why Noah needed it.

But just as she placed the gem into her bag, that's when she began to hear the sound of the loud thumps that shook the ground beneath her

But just as she placed the gem into her bag, that's when she began to hear the sound of the loud thumps that shook the ground beneath her. Knowing that the Giant was home, Jillian knew she had to get out before she was caught. But escaping from a Giant wasn't going to be easy, especially since this Giant was known for killing any human it sees.