Ch.50 Terrified narrator

Now with the supplies they needed to light their way around the school, everyone began setting up the lanterns down hallways while setting up candles in the cafeteria. And as she finished placing a lantern in one of the halls, Darling was about to head back for more when she suddenly stopped by the sight of a someone who had also stopped when he saw her.

Chase Redford, also known as the adopted son of the Red Queen, Ilene's twin brother, and Darling's ex-boyfriend. Their breakup had been caused by Darling's jealousy towards Chase's old girlfriend who had tried to win him back, thus causing a fight to break out which ended in Chase dumping her. It was painful at first, and even though the two still talked to each other, neither of them could help but feel a pit in their stomachs whenever they saw each other.

And as they stared awkwardly at each other, Darling tried to avoid eye contact as she began to make her way past him.

"You know you don't have to avoid eye contact with me" he suddenly spoke which caused her to stop.

"Sorry" she mumbled while looking up into his teal blue eyes.

"Don't be" he sighed "It's been an awkward... how long has it been since we-?"

"I don't know Chase" she breathed "I haven't been paying attention."

"Neither have I" he agreed in a sigh "Look, I don't know what's going to happen to us, but whatever happens, I want to know that I still care about you, and I'll never let anything happen to you."

She gave a small sigh "Same."

They didn't say anything else as Darling headed down the hall, not wanting to turn back.

_________

Down another hall, Macy Turner, also known as Briar Beauty, daughter of Sleeping Beauty set out more lanterns along with Julie Green, also known as Ashlynn Ella, daughter of Cinderella.

"You know I gotta admit Julie" Macy spoke, "Even though what's going right now is scary, I've gotta be honest, it's also pretty exciting."

"Seriously Macy?" Julie responded dully.

"I'm just saying, it feels like I'm in one of those zombie apocalypse movies. And just imagine, if we survive this, think of the stories we'll be able to tell."

"And if we don't survive this?" she put in.

"I don't wanna go there."

They finished setting up the lanterns when Macy came upon an office.

"Hey check it out," she told Julie "Mr. Gram's office."

She peeked through the window to see that it was empty.

"Where is Mr. Gram anyway?" Julie wondered.

"I don't know, I just hope he and his brother are okay. Hey you think we should go in and see what we can find?"

"Is it locked?"

She tried the doorknob and found it locked as she sighed "Yep."

"Need some help?" Hailee suddenly appeared.

"I would appreciate it" Macy smiled as she stepped back and watched as Hailee used a bobby pin to pick the lock on the door and got it to open "Thanks Hailee."

Once inside, the girls used their flashlights to look around.

"I feel so sneaky" Macy snickered as she began to look through their principle's drawers "Whoa."

"What?" Julie asked as Macy pulled out an unopened bottle of beer "Oh."

"Was he planning on saving that for something?" Hailee wondered.

"Oh boy" Macy sighed while examining the bottle "Brings back those awful memories when I used to drink a lot."

"And it's a good thing you don't anymore" Julie put in "Right?"

"Don't worry, I don't. Although I will be taking this, we can use this to start fires."

"Fine by me."

As they went back to looking, Hailee opened a drawer and found something that made her heart drop.

"Oh," she spoke sadly.

"What?" they asked as she showed them a photo of Destiny, who just so happened to be their principle's daughter.

"Oh" they replied with sad looks.

"It's so sad," Hailee remarked, "Destiny isn't able to see or communicate with her had ever since she became who she is."

"Why is that?" Macy wondered "Destiny is able to see us, but why not her dad?"

"I don't know" Hailee sighed "I just hope they'll be able to see each other again."

_________

She had already lost count on how long she and her friends have been trapped in their cells, and Brooke had already lost all hope while laying on the straw bed. She had already gotten used to not eating, and she knew that was a bad sign.

"Brooke?" Danny called weakly from his cell "Are you still holding on?"

"They're not coming are they?" she mumbled.

"You don't know that, they're probably just stuck on finding a way to get here."

"Although it might be too late by the time they do get here" Delilah muttered.

"Unless this apocalypse kills them" Brooke mumbled while staring at the mirror in front of her that Lydia gave her.

She looked at her gloomy reflection, she had gotten a bit skinner since she first got trapped in the cell, and just seeing her like this is making us, her parents, want to go down and comfort her. Actually, you know what? We can't stand her like this, Tina, you narrate.

...

Okay so I'm narrating now. Not wanting to see their daughter like this, the two Narrators did what most Narrators weren't allowed to do, go down into a story and be a part of it.

"Brooke?" her mother spoke calmly as Brooke opened her eyes to see her parents looking down at her with sad looks.

"Mom?" she mumbled surprised "Dad?"

"Here" her father held out a bottle of water and a sandwich.

They helped her up on the straw bed as took the offerings and began to chow down on the sandwich as they sat next to her with their arms around their daughter.

"Feel better?" her mother asked while rubbing her back.

"A little" Brooke sniffed as she finished the sandwich "I need more."

"You will get more" her father assured, "And so will your friends."

Brooke wiped a tear away as she began to chug down the water.

"Slow down honey" her mother advised as Brooke wiped the water from her mouth "Our poor baby, I can't believe she'd do something like this."

"I'm more worried about everyone else" Brooke sniffed "The apocalypse is here, and it could kill them."

"I doubt that," he father said, "Your friends are brave and strong, we know they'll survive."

"But this is Lydia" she whimpered "This is a whole new level for them, she could really kill them. I'm so scared for them!"

She began to sob as her parents wrapped their arms around her. I guess I'll be narrating for a while, Brooke needs time with her parents.