Part 26 ∞∞∞ TEAM!?!??!?!!?

I yawned as I finally stretched onto my little bed. It's been three days since Itachi decided to kill everyone and three days since the last time I got actual sleep. First off, I spent around one day searching for a village that sells clothes and is willing to give me clothes for free (which I must say is not easy). Then I got lost and I had to find my way around the forest for one day and finally, when I got directions from an extremely nice farmer, I spent the last day getting back to Konoha.

I closed my eyes and the image returned to my eyes. Orochimaru... That hateful... stupid... idiot... piece of... I thought but a movement outside of my door broke my thought.

"Who?" I asked, making sure I sound surprised. If someone comes to ask me where I have been or if someone sensed my chakra in the Uchiha Compound... I'd be in trouble.

"It's me." Kakashi's voice said back to me and I narrowed my eyes. I jumped off my bed and opened the door to my room.

"Kakashi?" I said as I watched his tired form slump down onto my bed. "Ummm, excuse you?" I said, genuinely confused now, as Kakashi sighed.

"The Uchihas were massacred. You probably felt that already but... Itachi... He..." Kakashi said and I nodded. I would have known Itachi killed the whole clan even if I didn't see it all.

"Why...? Why did he do it?" Kakashi asked nobody in particular while sighing. He looked so sad. But I can't answer him. I stayed silent and the two of us sat there for a few minutes.

"I was released from my Anbu duties and promoted to Jonin as a "sensei". I came because the Third Hokage released you as well. He wants to put you in an actual team now. He wants to make you a chunin." Kakashi said and I widened my eyes. I slammed my fist onto the wall and forced my brain to function again.

"HE. WILL. NOT." I said to Kakashi, my teeth clenched, and ran out of my apartment room, heading towards the Hokage's building.

"Don't that old man dare to do it." I muttered and felt Kakashi's chakra follow me.

******

"Yoru, it is an order from me as a Hokage. There's nothing you can do." The old man said while looking down at files in his hand.

"Why?" I asked again and he took in a deep breathe.

"I merely don't want any of you to become... Uchiha Itachi. There are other reasons for Kakashi's dismiss and he knows it already. But you, Yoru, you don't need to stay in the darkness anymore." The old man said with a final tone and I gave him a disgusted look. Stay in the darkness? I am the darkness. Such a joke.

"I have also dismissed Danzo from the council and told him to disband the foundation. I believe you know what that is?" He informed me and I ignored him.

"Now, Kakashi, show her to her new teammates and sensei." The old man said and I clenched my fists.

"You'll regret it." I snapped, turned around, and stalked out of the room with Kakashi following silently.

"How dare that stupid old man. What did we ever do wrong? Be a student? In a team? Ridiculous." I muttered and I paused when I heard Kakashi cough, trying to get my attention.

"There is a reason for you to be in a team. You can't be always alone, Yoru." Kakashi said and I turned to look at him. He didn't look into my eyes.

"I have you and Tenzo, and Itachi. How am I alone?" I asked, annoyed, and Kakashi sighed.

"I will be a Jonin sensei and I'll be taking students soon. Yamato has been promoted in the Anbu and will be busier from now on. Itachi is an S-ranked criminal. How are you not alone?" Kakashi said and I fell silent.

"At least I could be your student." I muttered and punched the wall again.

"Hah... I'm afraid I'm not capable of being your sensei. We fought side-by-side before... how can I be your sensei?" Kakashi said with a small chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Better than three random people I don't know," I said as I followed Kakashi out of the Hokage's building and towards the training grounds.

*****

"Hyaaaaa!!!" The boy shouted as he launched himself at the other, pretty much, identical boy.

"You won't get me this time!" The other boy shouted back as he weaved the signs for a certain water jutsu I never bothered to learn.

"Good, Shin. A nice defense." The ponytailed "sensei" said as she peered into a mirror she was holding in her hands.

"Kakashi... Why... Is this even a team???" I asked, even more furious than before, as I peered at Kakashi's awkward expression.

"Well... I've never met them before but those are the Kageyama Twins and your sensei is Masaki Yura. The twins passed the chunin exams one year ago and Yura-san was made jonin three years ago. The twins never really worked well with anyone else so they stayed a two people team for the three years this team existed. I believe you're the same age as the twins." Kakashi explained and sighed slightly.

"I really rather go to sleep." I said, yawning and sat down on a tree stump close by. "I didn't sleep well... like at all..." I muttered as I closed my eyes.

"Well isn't this the Copy Ninja, Kakashi?" The "sensei"'s voice broke through my silence as she somehow appeared behind me and besides Kakashi.

"Hai, Yura-san..." Kakashi said, scratching his hair awkwardly, and I rolled my eyes.

"I bet he always waited for the day to talk with a girl shinobi. He reads Ich-" I started to say but Kakashi gave me a kick in the back and I leaped up from my stump.

"Niisama, that's the girl." The apparently younger twin said, peering at me from the left.

"Niisan, I think she's called Yoru." The other, apparently younger twin as well, said, peering at me from the right.

"So, what are your names?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest and raising my eyebrow.

"My name is Shin." The one on the left said.

"My name is Shun." The one on the right said.

"'Kay..." I said and sighed. "So who's younger? How do I tell the difference between the two of you?" I asked and the twins looked at each other.

"I have a black streak on the back of my hair," Shin said and turned around. The black streak was barely visible through his thick, white, hair but I nodded anyway.

"I'm stronger," Shun said and I saw Shin nod in agreement. It's rare siblings actually agree on things...

"Nice. Good to know you both. Hopefully, we get along terribly and I'll be put back into the ANBU. Hopefully, you hate me and try to get rid of me. Also, I don't train. Just saying." I said truthfully and took in a deep breathe.

"I like her, niisama," Shun said and I rolled my eyes.

"She is similar to us." Shin muttered, frowning, and I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically and the two nodded.

"Whatever you say," I said, throwing my arms up.

"We'll do just fine together~" Yura said from behind me and put me into an armlock.

"Kakashi... I hate... you..." I struggled for breath while reaching my hands out to him... but he shrugged and walked off.

"You'll pay... for this..." I muttered and rubbed my neck as Yura let go of me.

"So, let's get to know each other." She said with a smile on her lips and held out her hand. Great. I thought and rolled my eyes. Just when I thought I could get some sleep. This had to happen.