Part 48 ∞∞∞ Clone

"Orochimaru-sama," Kabuto bowed as he addressed his master. "Is there something you wanted me to do?" Orochimaru-sama had called his here without specifying anything. He brought the medicine box just in case so he wouldn't have to go fetch it again. Orochimaru-sama doesn't like it when he does not do what he was commanded with efficiency. He had grown the habit of being in charge around this place... It had been a long time since he first arrived...

"I want to show you something. You can put everything outside." Orochimaru commanded and Kabuto bowed. The two of them were standing in front of a surgery room Orochimaru-sama barely used. If Kabuto remembered correctly, they had only used it once before for removing animal organs and only passed by it a couple of times. It was located in an isolated small corner of the base. Kabuto never saw the need to walk past it either. To be honest, he never knew what was in there from the beginning. Orochimaru-sama smiled at him, after seeing his reaction and nodded in slight satisfaction. Apparently, it was an expected reaction. Maybe intentional as well.

"I've been working on a project inside this room. I changed the spacing and instruments in there slightly as well, I hope you don't mind me doing things on my own." Orochimaru-sama said with a cruel glint to his eye and Kabuto bowed. Of course, he can do things on his own, this place is indeed his lab despite Kabuto took care of a lot of its maintenance. Orochimaru-sama nodded slightly and pushed opened the door. The cold wind blasted into Kabuto's face as he leaped back in surprise and instinct. Orochimaru smirked a little and walked into the room. Kabuto hesitated a little before following.

There was a peculiar smell to the room. He noted that fact the moment he stepped inside. The air and feeling to the room was intensely different from the dark, dreary, hallways. It seemed more lively... yet more dead? It seemed conflicting to Kabuto but that was the feeling he got before he even set his eyes on the huge container set in the middle of the room.

The mist slowly lessened a little and Kabuto squinted at the glowing green container in the center of the room. His vision was never good and with the mist and cold air clouding his glasses, there was no way he could clearly see anything.

"My newest and proudest work! Heheh... she will become something great in the future... but first, let me introduce you to it." Orochimaru said to Kabuto with amusement and lust in his voice. Kabuto nodded in understanding and Orochimaru flipped on a switch. There was a violent whirring sound before in a sudden, swift, blast of air. The veil of mist was instantly blown away and left Kabuto staring at the girl inside the glowing green container.

Kabuto's first thought was how frail the girl seemed. Her arms floated around the container loosely and her slender fingers in a neutral position. The second impression was how peaceful and beautiful she looked. Kabuto saw her through misted glasses but still... her figure was the most beautiful thing he had seen for quite a while. She was wearing a simple black dress which, despite being wet, seemed brand new and almost sparkly in the water. Kabuto gulped slightly and adjusted his glasses.

Suddenly, something came through him. He had seen her before. Once. Yes, that's why it felt somehow familiar. Kabuto nodded in confirmation. This girl, he had seen her when he had just arrived. Around two to three years ago. Had Orochimaru been keeping this girl here for three years? And she never grew older?

"I almost forgot, you never had much experience with girls have you, Kabuto... it is kind of cute to see your confused expression, heheh... But I must say, this girl is not for you to touch... She might be my future..." Orochimaru whispered as he walked towards Kabuto, the glint in his eyes brightening with slight craze and satisfaction. Kabuto nodded slightly and withdrew his eyes from the girl's face.