Part 43 ∞∞∞ Just kill them all

I stumbled into a tree as I blindly wandered about in the forest. I held my pounding forehead and fell to the ground. The whirling and burning sensation filled up my whole body, screaming, cursing, to break free from it's usual cage.

"Stop it..." I whispered as I plucked a withering flower off the ground, twirling it between my fingers.

Who are you?

I wrapped my arms around my face and balled onto the forest ground, moaning in pain and agitation. I can sense it... The moving lives... chunks of flesh... voices... shadows... people... blood.

I stood up wobbly from the ground and laughed at myself. The hollow sound echoed around the meadow as my face fell into a mask of shadow again. Boring... I thought as I turned towards to the voices. They were so loud... so piercing... I smiled as I took a shaking step towards those moving chunks of flesh.

"Would you please... just die?" I whispered with a hesitant smirk and launched myself forwards, towards the prey. I laughed in a craze as a needle-like branch slashed a big cut onto my face. I could feel the blood dripping down my cheeks, the warm liquid filling up the hollowness in my chest.

"Mama! Can I have a kite? I lost the one we bought last week..."

"I told you not to go knocking on that old lady's door, she's crazy!"

"Darling~ I missed you~ Come here...~"

"Class will be resuming in five minutes, return to your seats, you brats!"

"The shop is selling really well these days, I wonder if I can afford to buy Miko-chan a good husband."

"I heard that the lady in the fish store married that freak under the bridge. I bet no one wants to go there anymore."

"Remember that old man that lives near the garbage? We finally got rid of him. No one ever noticed, hahahah."

Jealousy, hate, lust, indulgence, manipulation, violence, death, desire, laziness, arrogance, selfishness.

Let me give you all... REDEMPTION.

I slid out my sword and swung it to the left. There was a dull thud as the body of the man hit the ground. The screams rang out a few seconds later. First was the woman next to him. I turned to her and smiled devilishly. She let out another few strangled chokes before her head was rolling by my feet as well. I savored the sweet screams of the villagers as they rang out on the street. People scattered into stores and homes.

"IT'S NO USE~ JUST COME OUT AND ACCEPT YOUR PUNISHMENT!!!" I screamed at the people and they ran even harder. How foolish... what are they even running from? I'm their angel... offering those sinners a second chance with the price of their life. ISN'T THAT WHAT ANGELS ARE FOR???!!

"MOM!!!!!! DAD!!!!!!!!!" A kid screamed from inside a store beside me and I twisted my neck to gaze at him. Tears were stained onto his face as he stumbled towards the dead corpses.

"Have you... sinned?" I asked quietly and the boy raised his small head slightly to look at me. The horror in his eyes was apparent. He made no answer and clutched the kite in his hands harder. I looked at the kite and hardened my face.

"Even you... have sinned." I muttered and lashed my sword across the boy's face. He let out a contorted scream and stumbled back, the blood from the wound on his face dripping down and over his hands, which were desperately grasping whatever it could find. I watched for a few more seconds before plunging my sword into the boy's throat. His hands reached my blade and held there for a moment before they fell limp beside him. I threw the corpse back into the open store door and walked slowly down the street. No one remained anymore, except for a little, golden dog. I walked over to the small, shivering animal and knelt down in front of it, gently patting its head. It barked at me once before contented itself by rubbing its fur against my arm. I frowned at the little anime and place my hand on its head.

Crack.

I silently walked away and shook off the blood on my hands, leaving the dead animal on its own. Even you can have redemption from all your indulgence... even an animal like you.

"Halt in your steps!" A voice shouted from ahead of me and I looked up from my hand. A row of uniformed shinobi stood there, kunais, katanas, and shurikens in hand. I smirked at their futile attempt and brandished my sword before changing straight into their lines. They dropped neatly onto the ground like dead flies, their blood spraying over the streets and over my face. I laughed in a contentment as I cut apart the pieces of flesh, one by one, enjoying the screams along with it.

There is no need of sinners in this world... because you can all have redemption from your past sins, you can all be saved from the deep abyss of evil. All you have to do is accept my judgment... that's all you have to do.

"Isn't it great?" I whispered to the dead village and dropped my sword onto the ground. It clattered loudly before falling still. I looked at the bloodstained blade and fell to the ground next to it. The dull thud rang out across the corpse-filled street and I gazed dully at the hilt of my sword. Then the coldness came. The hollowness. The emptiness. The loneliness. The hopelessness.

The despair.

I balled myself up again and shivered on the ground, crying out in agony, both inside and out. I wailed out my pains and held my head in futility, trying to stop the sound from reaching my ears. I lay there, helpless, melting, on the ground.

When I regained consciousness again, I was laying somewhere, in a puddle of my own blood, drenched with a foul-smelling liquid, in the middle of the forest.