Episode 3, Part 4 - Revolt

Callum and Zoe followed Alex and Lauren outside to the peasants.
"Well, we have some challengers. Your challenge is this, finish the gauntlet first, and you will live. The other is mine," the leader said with a sadistic grin.

Callum - We find out that this challenge is to run an obstacle course, and I'm feeling good about my chances.

Zoe - I'm freaking out since I'm wearing a dress, and it I think it'll be hard to run in.

They took their places at the beginning of the race. They shared one last look, then focused on the course.

"On your marks, get set... go!"

They started running as fast as they could towards the first obstacle. They had to make their way through a cage filled with barbed wire. They both ran in, but Zoe's dress kept getting caught on everything. Soon, Callum had finished and was running to the next obstacle, but Zoe was only halfway through the maze.

Zoe - I'm really struggling, and I can hear the peasants laughing at me.

Finally, Zoe made it through the maze, and was onto the next obstacle. There was a wall they had to climb over. Callum was nearly over it already, but Zoe managed to catch up with him.

Callum - I was really far in the lead, and then she caught up with me. I need to pick up the speed.

The final obstacle was a small bowling alley. Callum made it there first, but Zoe was hot on his heels. They both started trying to knock the five skittles down, to moderate success. Callum was trying to be as quick as possible, but it meant he kept missing. Zoe was more calculated in her approach, and she just managed to knock all the skittles down and run to the finishing line.

"Yes!" Zoe said. She looked back at Callum. He stared at her in fear and disbelief, and her smile faded. The peasant leader walked towards Callum, who stared stepping back.
"No! Don't do this! Stop!" he cried.
"No!" Zoe shouted. Callum backed himself into a corner. The leader grabbed him by the neck and lifted him into the air. Callum gasped for breath as the leader's grip around his neck tightened. Silent tears ran down Zoe's face as she watched him slowly die. Eventually, Callum went limp, and the leader dropped him, kicking him in the stomach to make sure he was dead.

He walked towards Zoe.
"Here's the totem. And stop crying over him. He isn't worth it," the leader and his band of peasants walked away. Zoe took one last look at Callum's dead body before following Alex and Lauren back to the house.

"They're coming," Phil said. Alex and Lauren walked through the door, followed by a tearful Zoe. Wordlessly, she put the totem on top of the other one and sat down.
"This is awful," Zoe said.
"Yeah, but we need to get through it. We can mourn when all this is over," Willow said.
"Who's the next lieutenant?" Dan asked.