Episode 14, Part 4 - Execution Day Pt.2

"Wait, what happens now?" Zoe asked, "did we free a ghost or something?"
"I don't know. We could go back to the break room, see if the totem piece has lit up," Dan suggested. The guests nodded and trudged back to the break room, each guest sparing one last look at Rosanna's corpse.

———

Alex and Lauren woke up in the break room, unsure of what happened.
"Are you okay?" Alex asked.
"I'm fine. Are you okay?" Lauren asked.
"I'm fine. Where are the guests?"
"I don't know."
"We need to find them."
The pair left the room and saw the compass as soon as they left. The guests walked in sadly and they saw each other from across the room.
"Are you all okay? Where were you?" Alex asked.
"We got taken to different parts of the castle and we had to race to the gallows," Willow explained.
"Rosanna lost and she got hanged," Joel added, "we wanted to see if the totem piece had lit up."
"We can check," Lauren said. The guests followed Alex and Lauren into the room.

"The totem hasn't lit up?!"
The guests walked in to see that the totem piece was still dark. No ghost had been freed.
"So Rosanna died for nothing?" Willow said angrily.
"She hasn't," said a familiar voice. Suddenly, the group watched as Joey's ghost appeared before them, with a huge scar down his head, neck and torso, where he had been cut in half.
"I couldn't save her. The spirit stopped me from even trying. I wish I could have helped her. But now, you must complete your task. Bring Mark and Rosanna's bodies to the dungeons. The Society will pick them up from there. I will meet you there and then I will be free, but I can still help you. Dan, Zoe, I can still communicate with you, but not as well. I can give warnings and help you out, but it will be vague clues. Now go, free me, please," Joey said. He faded from sight.

"So, we get the bodies to the dungeons and we free Joey. I know where Mark's body is, it's hidden a little bit, but this is a two person job, someone needs to carry his body, someone else needs to carry his head," Lizzie explained. The guests broke off into two different groups and went to take the bodies into the dungeons.

———

Lizzie, Thomas, Phil and Zoe went to collect Mark's body, followed by Alex. They found the gruesome sight of his death. Blood was covering the ground, staining the ground and his clothes. His head was also soaked in blood, as it landed almost perfectly below his neck. The group carefully approached him. Zoe picked up his head and faced it away from her.

Zoe - I pick up his head because I have an apron on, which has paint stains. I can just pretend his blood is red paint, because I do not want to think about being covered in my friend's blood.

The others picked up Mark's body and walked towards the dungeons, trying to avoid stepping in his blood too much.

———

Willow, Dan and Joel walked out to the gallows where they just watched Rosanna die. Lauren ran out a few moments later, as she had to retrieve a knife to cut Rosanna down. Willow climbed up onto the gallows and quickly cut the rope. Dan and Joel waited below it catch her body. Soon, Willow cut through the rope, and Dan and Joel caught her body and began to carry it inside. Willow dropped the knife, climbed down and followed them inside.

———

Dan and Joel laid down Rosanna's body on the bed in a cell. Soon, the other group walked in and laid Mark's body and head down on a different bed in a different cell. The guests hear Joey whisper "thank you", and they assumed he had been freed. They walked back to the break room, all a little traumatised from that experience, and saw that the totem piece had been lit up. They sat down and processed the events for a moment, before they heard an evil cackle coming from just beyond the door.