Episode 18, Part 2 - The Spirit Of The Castle

The guests looked at Francis for a moment, before turning towards the library. Suddenly, they heard deep breathing and coughing from behind them, and turned to see Francis sitting up.

"I though you were dead," Thomas exclaimed.
"So did the spirit. He's growing weaker. He can't kill anymore. I'll stand guard while you find the bible and rosary. Perhaps it would be quicker if you split up, one pair going to the library, and the other to the bedroom," Francis suggested.
"Four people searching is quicker than two," Joel said.

Joel - I don't want to split up anymore. Its getting more and more dangerous and there is strength in numbers so I want to keep the group together.

"Do you think it would be better to stay together?" Francis asked the other guests.

"Yes."
"Much better."
"Not splitting up."
"Of course."
"We're staying together."

"Very well then, stay together. I'll wait out here, try and keep the spirit away for you," Francis, "but if he finds you first, you can't say I didn't warn you."
"What do you mean?" Zoe asked.
"The spirit will sense four people quicker than it will sense one person. If you split up, there is less chance he will find you," Francis said.
"We're still not splitting up," Thomas said, "I'd rather we stick together."
"Suit yourselves. The bibles are small, brown, nothing on the spine. It should be at eye level," Francis said.
"We all have a different eye level," Lizzie said. Francis ignored her, and they went their separate ways, Francis wandering outside the library, and the guests in the library, looking for the bible.

———

"Which eye level was he talking about?" Lizzie asked.
"I guess we just look at our own eye level and hope we find it," Zoe replied.

Zoe - Francis may be helping us, but I don't like or trust him. He just said eye level. Who's eye level?!

Thomas - We're all looking for these bibles, but we also know that the spirit might come into the room, and if it finds us it will knock us out for a minute, so we have to keep a look out for it as well.

The guests frantically searched the library for bibles, when they heard the spirit enter the room. Each of the guests scrambled to find a hiding spot as they watched the spirit. It scanned the room, looking for a victim, when it saw Zoe, cowering behind a table. It surrounded her, and the others heard her choking as it knocked her out. The spirit left, and the guests ran to Zoe's side.
"It got her. Do we just leave her here?" Joel asked.
"Lift her onto the table, its the only decent place," Lizzie suggested. The guests lifted Zoe onto the table and left her there and continued looking for the bibles.
"I found them!" Lizzie pulled two small, brown bibles from a shelf at her eye level.
"What do we do with them?" Joel asked.
"Give them to Francis. He's got the holy water, we can ask him to keep them safe," Lizzie suggested, "also, what do we do about Zoe. We can't leave her here, but time isn't on our side, we need to be quick."
"I'll wait with her until she wakes up, you guys go look for the rosary," Thomas said, "we'll follow you up."
"Okay," Joel said. He and Lizzie as Thomas sat down next to Zoe.

———

"Francis, can you keep hold of the bibles for us?" Lizzie asked.
"Of course," Francis said. She gave him the bibles and they ran upstairs. Francis looked down the at the bibles, smiling smugly.
"Francis, you are helping my enemies now," the spirit appeared behind Francis. He turned to face it.
"I am, and you cannot harm me. I have the bibles, they are protection," Francis said.
"You do, but the guests do not," the spirit vanished, and Francis didn't make a move to help the guests. He kept hold of the bibles, protecting himself.