Episode 18, Part 3 - The Spirit Of The Castle

Lizzie and Joel started looking around a bedroom, unsure of which bedroom they needed to look in.
"Are we even in the right room? There's a few different bedrooms," Lizzie said.
"I have no idea. We can only hope we're in the right room," Joel said. They looked around the room, pulling drawers out and taking everything out of the wardrobe just to get a good enough look into it.

———

Thomas waited with Zoe, hoping she would wake up soon.

Thomas - I really hope Zoe wakes up soon. I really want to help to look for the rosary, but I can't leave her alone if she doesn't know where we're going.

Zoe began to stir, and she slowly sat up.
"Did the spirit find me?" she asked, still half unconscious.
"It did," Thomas replied.
"Where are the others?"
"They went to find the rosary, I said I'd stay here until you woke up, then we'd got and help them."
"Thank you."
"It's no problem."
"We should probably head upstairs, see if they need help."
Zoe stood up from the table and she and Thomas headed upstairs, passing Francis on the way there.

They walked into the bedroom Lizzie and Joel were looking in. As they walked in, they saw Joel lying on the bed, and Lizzie frantically searching for the rosary, barely even noticing that Thomas and Zoe were there.
"Lizzie?" Zoe asked.
"Yeah, I'm trying to find this rosary," she said while looking through a wardrobe.
"What happened to Joel?" Zoe asked as she and Thomas started to look around for the rosary.
"The spirit knocked him out just before you got in," Lizzie explained. The room descended into silence as they all looked for the rosary.

"I got it," Lizzie said, "finally."
"The rosary?" Joel started to wake up.
"Yeah," Lizzie said, "are you okay to leave, we need to hurry."
"Yeah, let's go," Joel quickly got up and the group ran downstairs with the rosary to see Francis with the bibles, looking smug.
"My protection. You won't get me, my friend," he said to himself, "I'll get out of here, even if they all have to die. I'll escape the night."
"What did you just say?" Lizzie asked.
"I didn't say anything," Francis turned around quickly, hiding the bibles behind his back like a guilty child.
"You said you were getting out of here, even if we died, and that the bibles gave you protection. From who? The spirit?" Joel asked.
"Fine, you got me. I've been trapped in this castle longer than you can imagine. Believe me, one night is nothing compared to what I've endured. No matter what the cost, I am escaping this castle," Francis said.

Zoe heard Joey's voice in her head.
"Get the bibles from him, and when the spirit arrives, it can get rid of him."
She had a familiar feeling. She could talk to the other guests telepathically. She told them about what Joey told her, and they all agreed.

Zoe - We can get back the bibles and the holy water and get rid of Francis. Two birds with one stone.

"Francis, we'll take the bibles and the holy water now. You don't need them anymore," Zoe said.
"These will protect me," Francis said.
"We need them for the exorcism," Thomas said, moving a little closer to Francis.
"I could perform the exorcism myself," he replied.
"We have the rosary," Lizzie said, joining Thomas closer to Francis.
"Just give us the holy water," Joel said, moving closer to him. Zoe also joined them.
"I'll give you the holy water," Francis said.

Joel - I noticed that he put the holy water in a pouch that he needs two hands to open, so he needs to put the bibles down to get the holy water, and I'm hoping that I can grab the bibles while he's distracted.

Francis tried to open the pouch with one hand, but couldn't. He put the bibles down on a nearby table as he opened the pouch. Joel quickly grabbed the bibles without Francis noticing. He handed the group the holy water, and Zoe took the bottle from him. He turned to see that the bibles were gone.
"What have you done with my bibles?" Francis said, anger in his voice.
"They're not your bibles, and they won't protect you anymore," Joel said.
"We won't let you kill any of us to save yourself," Thomas said. The spirit appeared behind Francis, and the guests ran as the spirit suffocated him to death.

———

"We need to vote," Lizzie said as the guests made it to the break room.
"I'll do the shuffling and the choosing," Zoe said. She grabbed one of everyone's card and shuffled them quickly. She drew the top two cards.
"Lizzie and Thomas," she showed the cards she picked.
"What do we do?" Lizzie asked. Suddenly, an almost familiar feeling washed over them, and they found themselves in the master bedroom, a table in front of each of them.

"Welcome to your doom."