Episode 13, Part 4 - Execution Day Pt.1

Lizzie and Mark immediately started looking around their cells for anything they could use. They both saw the key to the cell in a glass case, with a number padlock keeping it shut.

Lizzie - I start looking around for different numbers for the padlock, and there's a number on the wall right next to it, so I assume that must be a number needed for the code.

Mark had a similar set up in his cell. He picked up a note with a sum written on it.

The number of guests at the start of the night - the number of guests left - the number of bodies cut down.

Quickly, Mark did the maths in his head, trying not to think about how many people had died. Soon, he figured out the puzzle, and put the number 9 into the padlock and found another clue.

Lizzie was also onto her second clue, and she realised that Mark hadn't seemed to notice the number on the wall. She picked up a letter from the floor and looked at the sum.

The number of totem pieces - the amount of guests in this challenge + half the number of helpers.

Lizzie paused for a moment, counting up the amount of totem pieces they had.
"There are six pieces, he has the seventh," she muttered to herself. She quickly added and subtracted in her head and put the answer into the padlock.
"Where's the last clue?" she asked herself.

Mark, on the other hand, had just answered his second clue, and was desperately looking around for this final clue. As he turned around in the cell, he noticed a number written on the wall, and put it into the padlock, but it didn't open.

Mark - I have all my clues, I'm winning, but I look over and see that Lizzie has her third clue, and we're just racing to see who can figure out the combination first to get the key.

Lizzie - Me and Mark are neck and neck, and I'm getting really nervous because I can't figure out this code.

After a few minutes of trial and error, Lizzie unlocked the cabinet holding the key. She grabbed it and unlocked her jail cell and stepped out of it.
"Well done, here is the totem piece," the executioner handed Lizzie the totem piece. She grabbed it, and then realised that Mark was going to die. The executioner broke the lock to Mark's cell and grabbed him. Mark struggled against him, but he couldn't break free. Feeling awful, Lizzie followed them outside, unwilling to let Mark die alone. The executioner dragged Mark outside and threw him down onto the execution block. Before Mark could try and get up, the executioner grabbed his axe and swung. In one swift motion, he decapitated Mark. Lizzie gasped in horror, and the executioner turned around when he heard her.
"Take the totem piece back to your friends. You'll receive further instructions there," he said. Lizzie took his advice and ran.

Lizzie ran towards the break room, and she met Alex and Lauren half way there. They led her back to the break room and she walked in, still looking a little traumatised.
"What happened, Lizzie?" Joel asked.
"We got locked into different jail cells and had to do maths problems to escape. I got out first and the executioner beheaded Mark," Lizzie explained. She put the totem piece on the ever growing tower. As she sat down, the guests started to feel very strange.
"Guys, what's happening?" Dan asked.
"It it a possession?" Willow asked.
"No, that felt different," Dan replied, "I feel like I'm fading away."
"Me too," Rosanna said. The guests felt a jolt, then they woke up...