~Lane gets arrested (2)~ (1x14)

~Author's Note~

This is the second part of when Lane Hunter gets arrested, after the one shot, "Getting the Files". This second part of it is also in Lane's POV. Hope you enjoy!!! :) This one shot has some mild language. You have been warned!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Lane's POV)

As soon as I get all of my files that needed to be destroyed. As soon as I open the door of my clinic. I come face to face to flashing. Red and blue lights in front of me. Two FBI agent rushing at me and telling me to drop the box that I was carrying and I said.

"What's this all about", I asked. I didn't know how they found out. Instead, of telling me what was going on, they keep on yelling me to put the box down, and step away of it".

"Okay, I'm putting it down. Let's take it easy", I said, as I put the box down.

As soon as I dropped the box three to four more cop/FBI cars arrived. Then the guy that had come up behind, and called for backup.

"Please", I said. "There might be some kind of mistake, I'm Dr. Lane Hunter, and I own this facility. There must be some kind of mistake", I kept insisting. All the while, I was trying to figure out who gave me up.

Then another person come from somewhere and they started to come toward me. She started patting me down for weapons, and she says.

""Do you have any weapons on you ma'am", she says.

"Of course, I don't", I said as if that was the most stupidest thing I had ever heard. "I'm a cancer doctor".

The other FBI officer came up be behind me and, "You are going to come with us".

"This is so absurd", I thought.

Then they brought out the handcuffs. It just started to down on me, what was happen. "My lawyers are going to have a field day with this", I spotted.

They get the handcuffs on me, I look up, and I see the person that I least expect to see. I see Randolph standing there. He must have been the one that had called the FBI.

I just stare my cold eye stare at him, until I get closer to him. When I'm right in front of him, I stare at him, and then in a whisper, I say, "you SOB". He was supposed to protect me, but instead of doing that he puts his and the hospital's reputation above his own girlfriends, mine.

They put me in car, and drove me away. All the while, I thought, "I will get you, Randolph, Just wait and see".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(Move to No one's POV)

While Lane was being arrested. In the distance, Conrad, Devon, and Nic all watch her. Conrad puts his arm around Nic's shoulder, and smiled at her. Devon looked at them, and smiled. They all three knew that they all did the right thing, even if it was painful for Conrad and Devon, since they were, well Lane was Conrad's mentor, and Devon was infatuated with her research, but they were both happy that Lane was caught before she didn't do anymore harm. Nic felt differently, she wanted justice for Lily's death, and payback for Lane having her get followed and in turn arrested. Lane had underestimated her.

In, the distance they saw Randolph Bell, sitting in his car, and actually felt sorry for them, just for a moment.

END OF ONE SHOT!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

~Author's Note~

Please comment to let me know what you think about this.