~I couldn't protect her... it's not your fault (3)~ (1x14)

~Author's Note~

This one-shot is the third installment of this mini one-shot series. This one-shot follows the following one-shots entitled, "Lane treated Annabelle also (1)" and "Lane did it then also (2)". In this one Conrad is now feeling guilty and depressed about figuring it out that Lane Hunter was involved. Nic is there to be there with him. Hope you enjoy reading this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

That night after their shift both Nic and Conrad went back to Conrad's apartment.

Together they sat down on his bed and held each other's hand. Neither of them said anything.

A few minutes of silence later, Conrad whispered sadly, "I wouldn't protect her, that girl trusted me and I couldn't do anything".

Nic, shaking her head, leaning over and put her hand around to his opposite shoulder and put her head on his shoulder, and suddenly broke the silence again.

"No, it wasn't your fault", she whispered. She continued, "Lane Hunter, fooled a lot of people".

"Yes, but I should have been more diligent. I could have stopped it", Conrad said, insistently.

"I was diligent with Lily and I couldn't protect her either", Nic said, sadly. Even though that Lily's death had been a while ago now, Nic was still effected by it.

Conrad just reached over and pulled her over to his side and gave her a side hug.

"You know it's your fault, about what happened with Lily, right"?

Nic sadly nodded her head.

Conrad kissed her on the head and pulled her on top of him.

Together they sink down into his bed to have a restful and peaceful night sleep.

END OF ONE SHOT SERIES!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think about this. Hope you enjoyed reading this.