~Hey?! What happened today? (1)~ (3x12)

~Author's Note~

In, "Season 3, Episode 12: Great Laid Plains", at end of the episode Nic, after having to try to getting a new battery for a patient's pacemaker.

At the same time Conrad is doing search and rescue, with Kyle's help, Conrad tries to help and rescue one of Conrad's patients that wanted to commit suicide and he overdosed. Long of the short of it, Kyle and Conrad are able to rescue him and bring him to Chastain to get treatment. He and Kyle end up bonding and then he overhears Kyle talking to a patient, that starts worrying about him. He offers to bring Kyle home, but then Kyle rejects his offer. And, says that he is fine (even when it's clear that he is not fine). 

 Meanwhile, Nic's patient can't get the pacemaker battery in time, so she ends up dying.  This is the extended version of what could possibly happen at the end of the episode. 

This will be written in No one's POV. Hope you enjoy!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

Conrad finally came home, very tired. He went ahead upstairs to his and Nic's bedroom and opens one of his dresser draws and grabs the ring box, he opens it and smile. He loves her and he wants to make it official.

He hears her and turns to look at her. His heart skips a beat. She looks beautiful.

She walks toward him with two cups of scotch and gave him one. She put her arms around him.

"You are beautiful", Conrad said as she looks at him. She then looks at him and said, "I love you".

"I love you too. Nic, what happened today? You okay"? Conrad asked, concerned about her. 

"Yes. I'm okay", Nic said.  "I just want you to know that if had one hour to live I would want to be with you".

Conrad picked her up and laid her down on their bed. "Are you okay? Did something happen"?

Nic sighed, she knew she couldn't keep it from him, "It's just that one of my patient's died today. The one that is a single mom and has a daughter, that she spend all of her time worrying about her daughter rather then taking care of herself. Well, her pacemaker gave out and we couldn't get the battery in time and she ended up dying, under a tree with her daughter with her".

Conrad sighed and pulled her closer to him so he can incircle her, to hold her close. "I'm so sorry, Nic".

"That is why that I said what I said. If I was put in that position you would be the one person that I would want to be with me", Nic said, looking up at him.

Conrad flipped her around, so he was on top of her. "Well, as much as I love that, I would like that when we are old and gray, so don't die on me I'm planning on being with you forever and I am planning on forever. Please don't die on me". Conrad leaned down and kissed her hard. 

Nic chuckled, and when Conrad leaned backward to give her some air. "I'm not planning on it. It's my way of saying that I'm ready to take the next step into our relationship with you. And, that I want to spend the rest of my life with you".

Conrad reached down and combed fingers into her hair and said, "I am ready to do that too", and then kissed her again.

TO BE CONTINUED!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think about this about this chapter!

Hope you enjoyed reading this.

I wrote this mini series because Nic told him this but never told him what made her say the thing that she said, plus also they never got their happy forever, they did for a little while. Until Nic got stabbed and also when she died, in a car crash.  But, in this one-shots that is not the case.