~He said he was proud of me~ (3x07)

~Author's Note~

In, "Season 3, Episode 7: Women Down". Kyle started to work at Chastain and has started to work and volunteer to work with patients. Well, one of the patients he got close to, and started talking to them about his kids and how much he is proud of his daughter, Nic. Nic overhears. Hope you enjoy!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

"I'm so proud of her", Kyle said. What he did know was that Nic was standing out in the hallway.

She just leaned back against the wall, outside of the room. After a little while, she started walking down the hall to get back to her patients.

As she was walking down, she has still a bewildered look on her face. Nic sees Conrad walking toward her.

"Nic? You okay? What's wrong"? Conrad asked her.

Nic smiled at him, "I'm fine. I just was in the hallway outside one of the rooms, my dad was talking to them. He just said something".

Conrad looks at her, confused. "What, did he say"?

"He said he was proud of me", She said.

Conrad looks at her very confused.  "Of course, he's proud of you".

"I know. But, he never said it before", Nic said, tiredly.

"You okay"? Conrad asked, concerned.

"Yes. I'm okay. I'm just tired".

Conrad just nodded.

Nic and the other nurses were exhausted, and usually Nic and the others can push though, but the past few weeks have been hard and now since Jessica is very much injured. It's finally taken a huge toll on everyone.

Conrad pulls Nic into a hug. Nic leans up against him. "Tired"?

"Very much so".

"Come on. Let's go home".

"Okay".

"Today, was a good day"? She asked.

"Yeah. It was. What about yours"?

"It was good. My dad finally said that he was proud of me".

Conrad and Nic both walked out side by side and then went home and went sleep.

END OF ONE SHOT!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think about it!! Hoped you enjoy!!!

Now, if you remember this episode. Woman Down Jessica got into a pretty bad car accident. It was very much because of the surgery schedules and the staff cuts. Meantime, Red rock owns the hospital.

Conrad and Nic, have another one of the supply closet that we all love (I mean I know that I do) and in that lovely scene, Conrad was saying that he was very thankful that it wasn't Nic and they both comforted each other, but unfortunately was interrupted by Kyle looking for something, because he needed something which he couldn't find.

Then, on another note. We don't know much of the relationship between Kyle and Nic, but based on how they interact with each other and the tension between them. But, I think when Nic overheard this moment it was a surprise to her. I think it made her happy and also a little sad that he couldn't actually say that to her.

This is what this one-shot was all about and I hope that you enjoyed reading this.