~Checking up on her (2)~ (2x07)

~Author's Note~

This is the second installment of the one-shot entitled, "Laying down in the on-call room". In this one-shot, Conrad goes looking for Nic, and he confronts her. This is what I see them saying. Hope you enjoy!!! This will be written in No one's POV.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

After Conrad was done with checking on his patients, he then walks down the hallway to find where Nic got to, he opens the last on-call room, and there laying on the bed was Nic and she was fast asleep.

Quietly, he moved walking toward the bed, so he didn't disturb her. As soon as he got to the side of bed, he leaned down and touched her face and combed his hand though her hair.

A few minutes later, Nic eyes flattered open, and sat up startled. Conrad grabbed her hand and sat on the on-call room bed, beside her. "Everything's okay. It's okay", he said, as he had seen her scared face.

She just looked at him in the eyes, without say anything, but he knew what to say.

"She alright. She is resting", he said. "I came here to see if you were okay. He looked at her very concerned, and a little guilty about waking her up.

"Was there a reason why you came here? Not that I'm not happy to see you", Nic said, smiling. She didn't want to seem she didn't want Conrad to be there with her.

"I just wanted to check on you. You okay"?, he asked, concernedly.

She smiled, "Yes. I'm fine. I'm just worried about her".

"I know you are. Go back to sleep", he said. As soon as he said that Nic immediately protested, she didn't really want to go back to sleep, but Conrad stopped her.

He put his hand on her cheek and put his fingers though her hair, and said, "Nic, the best thing that you can do for Jesse is to get some sleep. I will look after her and if anything is different I will let you know okay"?

She nodded and laid back down. Conrad leaned down and kisses her forehead, brushed his hand over her hair, stood back up and walked back out of the room and closed the door.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you this about this. Hope you enjoy!!