~They wouldn't let me (3)~ (1x11)

~Author's Note~

This is the third installment of the one-shots, "He could be biased" (1), and "Explaining it to Conrad" (2). This is the last one-shot of this series of one-shots. This one is about what would happened after Alexis told Conrad what Lane totally threw Nic under the bus. This is a one-shot about what would happen if Conrad told Nic. Hope you enjoy!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

Conrad walked down the hallway, why would Lane lie about this, and how would she know about me and Nic", he thought.

Just then he saw Nic coming toward him. He pulls her into the supply closet. Nic looks at him and looked him concerned.

"What's wrong"?, she asked.

"They cancelled my interview", he said.

"They did? Why"?, she asked.

"Lane", and that's all Conrad said, he didn't have to say anything else, Nic knew what that meant.

"Lane? What did she have to do with this"?, She asked.

"They had asked her if you were distracted and if something was going on with you, and she had said that I could be biased for you, because of our relationship", he said. Then he looked at her, and said, "I'm sorry".

Nic was in shock, he didn't have to apologize. "Conrad", she said. "This is not you fault. I know you could have told the truth, and not have been biased".

Conrad shock his head in amazement. "You are amazing. You have much more faith in me then I do. I could have came off as biased, you know"?!

Nic looks down, and nods, "I know", she says.

Conrad wraps his arms around her, and says, "It's okay. We will figure this out".

Nic leans on his chest, and whispers, "I hope so". Then suddenly, she drew back her head, and stared at him, "how did she know that we were back in a relationship. Was she spying"?

"I don't know, she probably was, but that would make it seem that she had an agenda, and I would still get to be interviewed.

"So, she must have been spying. We are always careful", Nic said.

"Don't worry, we are and it will be okay. It is going to okay and we are going to get all of this worked out", Conrad said.

"Good", Nic sighed. "I want to get back to work".

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think about this.