~...staying with Conrad...(2)~ (1x12)

~Author's Note~

This is the second installment of the one-shot called, "You are staying with me...". This is about Nic staying at Conrad's apartment, and she's working on finding something to use against Lane.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

The next morning Conrad gets up and sees Nic typing away at her computer.

"Morning", he said as he came over to the table, where she was sitting. He came over to her, and kissed her, on the side of her head.

"Umm, morning", She answered.

"What are you doing up? I thought maybe you would want to sleep in, considering everything that happened".

Nic turns to look at him, and said, "I'm fine. I couldn't sleep. There's coffee".

"Thanks, for making it". Conrad said, he walks over to his stove, where the coffee was sitting. After pouring himself some coffee was sitting, he walks back over to the table where Nic was still sitting and typing away at her computer.

He sits down and says, "Find out anything new that we can use for our case against Lane"?

"Well she was very careful about covering her past covered up, but she wasn't so careful to cover her tracks. I found someone from her past, who got suddenly fired, because of false accusations. Like me".

"Well let's talk to him", Conrad said. He reached out and took her hand. Then he looked into her face. He got up from the table and pulled her up with him, "I will go with you to see them", he said.

Nic reached to give Conrad a hug. As they hugged, she says, "Thank you". Conrad didn't say anything, he just hugged her a little more tighter.

"You don't have to thank me. You mean everything to me, and I would do anything for you. You know that right"?

"Yeah, I know".

"So we will go and see him later today"?

Nic looks at him and said, "Don't you have to work today"?

"No, I took the day off, to spend it with you".

Nic smiled and hugged him again.

END OF ONE SHOT!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Please comment, and let me know what you think about this.

The next one-shot is the third installment of this series of one-shots. I'm going to introduce the oncologist that worked with Lane in Nashville. I would like some input on the name that I should give them.