~You are staying with me...(1)~ (1x12)

~Author's Note~

In, "Season 1, Episode 12: Rude Awakenings and the Raptor", Nic is getting followed by someone that Lane hired to follow her, to keep tabs on her. Then that creepy guy came to Nic's house. He was waiting in front of Nic's house she got home. He scares her, and then Conrad comes to her house, comforts her and offers her to stay with him. This is about that scene, extended.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(No one's POV)

"Have a nice night, Nicolette Nevin", says, the 'Delivery Man', while he turns around to leave Nic's front yard. Expect he wasn't a "delivery man" was hired by Lane Hunter to intimidate Nic into backing off on looking into her past.

Frightened, Nic ran into her house and shut the door, and all of the windows of her house. She threw the grocery store bag into the garbage can, without looking at it. She figured that it wasn't really groceries. Then she suddenly decided to call Conrad, she didn't want to be alone. So she calls him, and asked him to come over.

All of the while that Nic was waiting for Conrad to get to her house. Every couple of minutes she looked out of the door. Between doing that she kept on pacing back-and-forth waiting for him. Suddenly, she hears a knock on her front door. Relieved she goes to answer it, it's Conrad.

Relieved, she opens the door, and Conrad comes in.

"Hi", Conrad said, and then he gave her a hug. "Are you okay? I know that you will say that you're fine and you don't need my help, but..."

Nic looks at him like he is crazy, and says, "No I'm not fine. I also do need help. I've figured how much Lane is willing to go, to cover up what she did to Lily and was she is doing to her other patients. Also since she got me I can't keep an eye on her other patients at the hospital. Quietly, do you think that you can keep an eye on them for me".

"Sure but what you are going to do", said Conrad, steering her to her couch in her living room.

Nic sits down and looks at him and said, "Well I did find something about her past, and I found someone in Lane's past that could help us".

"Okay, where is he"?

"Somewhere, in town".

"Okay, well I'm still not letting you go alone. I'm off tomorrow, and we will go together. In a meantime, you are staying with me at my place. Just until we get Lane for what she did".

Nic agrees and they get her stuff together. They get into a cab and they go to Conrad's apartment building.

After they climb up the stairs, they go into Conrad's apartment. Nic starts to unpack her things, but gets stopped. Nic turns around and sees Conrad right behind her. She looks right at him, and he puts his arms around her.

"Hey", he said, while tucking some hair behind her ear that escaped, "It'll be okay".

Nic nodded. She knew that Conrad and her would be able to work to stop Lane, and she knew that, that she could definitely trust him.

END OF ONE SHOT!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Let me know what you think about this!