Day 18 - 1F

FLASHBACK

What Jisoo had with the guy she loves right now has never been really perfect

What Jisoo had with the guy she loves right now has never been really perfect. The only right thing they had was they were childhood best friends. She sees him as a little brother who has a cute boxy smile before not until he confessed his true feelings for her.

That was the time when she went to Seoul for her first-year college and they started texting that turned into calls and video chats.

She was aware that he's dating her sister on those time, Kim Jennie.

He and her never had that perfect timing. They were never meant to be but they insisted to be together...

And now, Jisoo is suffering. They are both suffering in this beautiful mistake they've made.

That's why she masked the guilt by saying she wanted him to wait for her until she's ready.

But don't you think they deserved this? I mean... they both cheated that time.

Kim Taehyung was dating Jennie and Kim Jisoo was dating Namjoon.

It was a mess. A chaos to be in fact yet they got what they want now. However, Lisa came to the picture...

She has the innocence like a child but she destroys like a monster. For the first time? Jisoo felt fear. It was the fear of losing someone she treasures.

She harshly wiped those contagious tears on her cheeks as she is biting her tongue to stop herself from sobbing loud in this empty park.

"How many times do I need to tell you that you look ugly when you cry."
Jisoo lifted her head and she saw Namjoon who's handing her a clean handkerchief right now.

Her lower lip trembled as she stood up and hugged the guy she called a few minutes ago.

"Am I not enough?"

"What are you talking about Jisoo? You're almost perfect."

"I-I saw him with her. Do you think—"
He quickly interrupted her because Namjoon knows how much she is hurting right now.

"You guys fought for this right? To be together and that only means one thing... He loves you. Don't doubt that."

Yes, he loves you so selfishly and so you are to the point that you both forget you guys were hurting someone.

So this shit should be worth it. Jennie and Namjoon's sacrificed should be fucking worth it.

"No, this time is different. I saw how he looked at her."
Jisoo put her both hands on her face to cover her tear stricken face as she shook her head with negative thoughts piling up inside her mind.

"Namjoon, I know. Because that's how he looked at me before... Taehyung might still be in love with the idea of us but he isn't in love with me anymore."
Sobbed wracked her body and Namjoon break away from her hold. He then annoyedly kicked the air.

"That's bullshit. That's bullshit Jisoo! Why did you ever fall in love with that kind of guy? You already had the right one yet you let it slipped away from your hold."
Jisoo lifted her gaze to look at the tall man in front of her. His eyes were bloodshot red and she knows she hurt him again.

"I'm sorry..."

"Damn it please just stop crying."

"Namjoon, I'm really sorry..."
He reached for her cheeks as he wiped her tears with his thumbs. Namjoon slowly leans in and put his forehead to hers.

"Jisoo baby... If you really wanted this to work. Make him fall in love with you all over again."
He let out a shaky breath and so is she.

"Now stop crying. You can do this. I'm always here when you need me."
Slowly she nods her head and Namjoon softly pressed his lips on the forehead of the girl who got away.