chapter ii

chapter ii. Walking into the Lion's Den

Anika had spent the entire week wondering if Om truly wanted to marry Gauri. He seemed genuine and she had also met him three days ago at his exhibition, catching him off-guard. He had been welcoming, and calmer than the other day. There was nothing to doubt, except the little condition that stalled Gauri's marriage. It was not like Anika wanted her married. Gauri was young, she had a lot to do. Anika wouldn't mind if they took it slow but the fact that they were hiding it from their families when they were so serious about their relationship bugged her.

And let's be honest, rich boys don't exactly have the best pictures painted of themselves. So if Omkara was messing with her sister, Anika was going to be so mad.

She was on her way to Oberoi Mansion to meet Shivaay Singh Oberoi. She was confused, of course.

Om and Gauri had done nothing but say things about how anything could get Shivaay really really angry. She didn't believe it. That sort of anger was real only on a superficial level. Yet, somewhere, it was terrifying. He was one powerful man, with various connections. The last thing she'd want is a ruined life just because she wanted to do something nice for her sister.

When she pulled in front of the mansion, she saw Om and Gauri in conversation. Quickly turning the key off her two-wheeler, she got down and walked towards them.

"Gauri, what exactly is in your mind? What is the point of making Shivaay and Anik meet?”

“Well, I was hoping Di could maybe approach him.... I don't know!" Gauri sighed.

"Are we ready?" Anika interrupted them and they looked at her questioningly.

"Anika, what are you planning to do?" Om asked, not wanting this to blow up in his face.”

"Om, I am going to talk to your brother, casually. Ask him why he doesn't marry and doesn't let you marry."

Om's eyes widened. "No!"

When Anika and Gauri looked at him with questioning eyes, he shook his head. "You cannot tell Shivaay that I have already found a girl for marrying. He'll end up either getting me married forcefully or he'll marry someone randomly just for my sake. I want neither."

Anika frowned. "What exactly do you want in life? Do you want to marry my sister or not?"

Om sighed. "Anika, I really want to marry Gauri but I need to have Shivaay married before that. Happily married. I don't want him to feel like he is coming in the way of my happiness. Gauri and I have a long way to go, anyway."

Anika nodded. The three fell into thinking. None of them had a plan. Anika didn't even know why she wanted to meet him.

"I have an idea." Gauri whisper-shouted.

"What?" Anika and Om asked at the same time.

"Well, Di could play matchmaker for Shivaay Bhaiya. More like, help hin find a bride. You are anyway the perfect kid for everyone."

“I do what?”

“Well, find him women he'd like. Try setting him up with them. Dates, gifts, maybe even text messages.”

"Why can't you do this?" Anika asked. "You want to get married so please do this fantastic job as well."

Gauri shook her head. "He knows me as Om's personal assistant. Why will he take my help?" The moment she said it, she saw Anika's face change expression and regretted suggesting it in the first place.

"Om offered you the job? You work under him?"

Gauri nodded meekly. "We thought we could spend some time together and it will also help build my knowledge on how everything works. We genuinely work!"

Anika closed her eyes. Her sister was mad. In love, but mad. Why was Anika here? Let Gauri decide everything like she had been doing all these past months.

"This is why you never actually gave me details except your boss' phone number."

Gauri shrugged, "You are way too smart for anyone's good. I had to make sure it stayed a secret for as long as it could."

Anika shook her head and started walking towards her scooter again, "I am going home, enjoying my Sunday."

Gauri quickly stood in front of her. "Di! Just help me out. This is the perfect plan! I am sure Shivaay Bhaiya will listen to you. You are as arrogant as he is, just more subtle. Om says his choti maa has already found a lot of potential matches. Groom Shivaay Bhaiya, for me, please?"

"Gauri, I have no idea how to do that. I work as an event manager. I prepare weddings, I do not prepare people for weddings."

“You were the one who wanted to talk to him! You signed up for this.”

"Gauri, do you realise you sound extremely stupid and your point of debate is just as stupid."

"Di, at least meet him once."

Anika sighed. Why did she love her sister so much? "I am going to meet him, talk to him, try to convince him to get married and also suggest that Om wants me to play matchmaker for him but the moment he ticks me off, I am going to back down."

Gauri nodded, mentally screaming. She knew Anika. If Anika seriously took this duty of helping Shivaay get married, there was nothing that could deter her.

She walked Anika back to where Om stood.

"Anika, remember, Shivaay should not know that I love Gauri."

"And you ask if I trust your stories." Anika mumbled but nodded anyway.

Om led them both into the house. Anika took her time, appreciating how it was all so beautiful. Looked like a palace. Here she was, about to meet one of the Princes residing here. That one arrogant prince.

"Is it necessary, Gauri?"

"Don't tell me you are scared of him." Gauri raised an eyebrow and Anika shook her head.

"Why will I be scared of an idiot? I just think it's stupid, me trying to play his matchmaker. I am sure the Oberois have enough money to hire a nice, trained one. There are websites for that, these days.”

"But this is about your sister and nobody will do it as passionately as you."

Anika rolled her eyes. She knew this was a mistake. She could go on about her life and live it happily. Why did she have to walk in on Om and Gauri? Could she have not keep herself from surprising her with an early rrival?

She sighed and followed the directions to Shivaay's study as Om gave her. Well, Anika was not scared of anything. She could at least try.

---

I wanted to continue but let it be. Also, don't expect too much out of their first meeting ;)

BlackManiacx

(Also, third update in the last 12 hours. Proud of myself!)