chapter lvi

chapter lvi. Broken Brain and All

Shivaay rang the doorbell, wondering how he was going to talk things out. Where exactly was he supposed to begin?

The door opened to reveal Anika's friend from earlier. Shivaay smiled at her a little while she only looked at him with narrowed eyes. “Just had to see that has Anika such a mushy mess.”

Shivaay's smile definitely grew, even if he would claim otherwise. Shruti let him in. He offered her the coffee cup holder and she raised an eyebrow.

“Kind of knew her friends would still be over.”

Shruti grinned. “Nice way to win over her friends. She's in the room, she and Saumya are talking to her mom.”

Shivaay nodded. Shruti walked to Anika's room, gesturing Saumya to come. When Saumya continued to talk to Radhika, Shruti groaned. “Saumya, the cab's here. I need to go home.”

Saumya rolled her eyes and said her goodbyes. Before leaving, Shruti turned to Anika, taking a sip from her coffee. “Bye Anika. Have fun.”

Anika laughed a little and saw them leave. Not even a second after she heard the main door shut, Shivaay walked into the room, smiling.

Anika looked at her mother. “I'll talk later?”

“I really want to meet you Anu.”

“You don't have to come here. I promise I'll come to Pune again. Soon.”

“Fine.” Radhika sighed. “Accha, waise you never told me what you told Shivaa—”

“Mumma bye.” Anika interrupted, throwing a cautious glance towards Shivaay. He was still smiling.

“Wait, is he around?” Radhika asked making Anika groan.

“No.”

“You're lying. You know I know.”

Anika made a face and looked at Shivaay. “Come here.”

Shivaay mouthed, “I want to talk to you.”

Anika shrugged making him roll his eyes. He came and sat next to her, saying “Namaste.” as he settled.

“I heard what your family did for Anika's birthday. Thank you so much.” Radhika said making Shivaay smile.

“I am sure my entire family had a lot of fun. They love Anika.”

“But considering the fact that the two of you are not dating...” Radhika looked at Anika pointedly.

“Aunty, if it's okay with you, I need to talk to Anika. I have a meeting in a while so it'd be nice if I could, you know... Get to talk to her now.” Shivaay looked at her, his lip jutted out.

Anika looked at him with wide-eyes and Radhika only laughed. “Sure. I guess I can do that.”

Radhika quickly reminded Anika to take care and bid goodbye, smiling at the two of them. As Anika shut the laptop lid, she turned to Shivaay with a frown. “Why'd you do that?”

“Because I have a meeting and I really need to talk. Why would you call your Mom after you called me over?” Shivaay got up and sat in front of her, one leg folded under him while the other dangled off the bed.

“She wanted to meet Saumya.”

“Of course.” Shivaay looked at her outstretched leg. “How's your leg?”

“Doesn't hurt much.”

“And your head?”

“Well, that does hurt a little at times but it's getting better.”