chapter xviii

chapter xviii. Of Trivedi Mornings

Shivaay walked out of the room, his entire focus on the phone when Tej's voice stopped him.

“Where are you headed to?”

Shivaay turned to find the elders looking at him.

“Uh well, I had-”

“You don't have a meeting Shivaay.” Shakti pointed out. “I and Tej Bhaisaab asked your PA. We were planning to visit thd factory.”

It was confirmed. Vidhi worked for everyone but him.

“Uh actually, Dad-”

Arey Chote Papa,” Rudra appeared, shocking everyone. It was not every week that you would find Rudra Singh Oberoi awake and dressed before 2 pm on a Sunday. “What do you think a ghayal man does in free time?”

Shivaay furrowed his brows and Om hit his head, appearing behind him. “Nobody is ghayal here, Rudra.”

“O, I am talking about Shivaay Bhaiya.” Rudra smiled as if it explained everything. Shivaay ran a hand over his torso to check, wondering what Rudra meant.

Bhaiya now has a girlfriend, he is obviously like Papa, Bade Papa and you.” Rudra spoke in flow before correcting himself. “I mean, none of you have girlfriends, but two of you have wives and you, O, love your art. So like every Sunday, you spend time with your art-” Rudra gave him a meaningful look, “Shivaay Bhaiya is going to spend time with his girlfriend.”

Shivaay sighed. “Rudra I am not meeting Anika.”

“But Bhaiya, how is that possible? I and O are heading to Anika Didi's place and we were told you are going too.” Rudra pretended.

“You guys are coming as well?” Shivaay frowned. When did that happen?

“Well, Anika Di told Gauri Di, Gauri Di told O, O told me and so, you'll have three fans watching you romance.”

“Unfortunately for you, we are not going to romance.” Shivaay smiled sweetly.

“Oho Shivaay, at least give us a convincing lie. What will you do with your girlfriend if not romance?” Janhavi chuckled.

“Murder her.” Shivaay mumbled, only audible to his brothers who contained their laughter.

“Alright, only I and Shakti will check on the factory. Do come for the meeting with the Choudharys, okay? I hope having a girlfriend doesn't make you lousy.”

Shivaay nodded and turned around for the exit, brothers in tow.

---

The car ride had been silent, owing to the fact that Rudra had dozed off and Om was more of a silence person.

“Mind telling me who invited you guys?” Shivaay finally asked, annoyed for some reason.

“Well, Gauri told Rudra that you were going to teach and Rudra wanted to eat food made by you. He tricked me into coming as well.” Om answered, shrugging, from the backseat.

“But Rudra told everyone that Gauri told you and you told him.” Shivaay wondered.

Om stayed quiet for a few moments. Why was his brother so focused?

“Well, it is Rudra. He can say anything to make his ends meet.”

Shivaay nodded. In a few moments, he pulled the car in Anika and Gauri's apartment garage.

“Wake him up, I'll go ahead.” Shivaay walked out, leaving the keys with Om.

Om frowned. He wanted to go before Shivaay. Stupid Rudra.

---

Gauri angrily strode to the door, cursing whoever was at the door. When she found Shivaay looking at her expectantly, her eyes widened. Not knowing what to do, she shut the door again, leaning against it.

“Gauri?” Shivaay's voice came from the other end making Gauri shudder. Why was Shivaay here? Till it struck her. Of course! Anika and her stupid ideas.

Flattening her hair she opened the door, looking at him sheepishly.

“You were asleep?” Shivaay asked curiously.

“Yeah, well, we were leaving for Mussoorie so I and Di were awake till very late, talking and packing and-”

“Oh, okay.” Shivaay looked at her expectantly and Gauri smiled awkwardly, making way for him to come inside. The elevator dinged and Om and Rudra came out of it, grinning at Gauri. She smiled back before turning to Shivaay.

“Give me fifteen minutes, I woke only a while ago. I'll wake Di up, she'll freshen and be with you quickly.” Gauri mumbled and rushed to Anika's room.

Shivaay sighed. It was twelve, why did he agree, again?

---

“Di!” Gauri shook Anika, “Wake up! Shivaay Bhaiya, Rudra and Om are here.”

“Who?” Anika mumbled, pressing her face into the pillow.

“Your fake boyfriend, my very real boyfriend and their brother.”

“Let me sleep Ri.” Anika mumbled, pulling the sheets over her again.

“But Di, you called them.”

“Yeah, now I am telling them to go.”

“But what about cooking?”

“I'll cook.”

Gauri sighed. Waking her sister was one task. Looking at the door once, she turned to Anika again.

“Di, Shivaay Bhaiya will get angry. Please wake up.”

“Gauri let me sleep. Even last night you were annoying me so much.”

“Okay fine, sleep once they are gone but get ready, please. Please please please.”

Anika continued to sleep and Gauri looked around in confusion. Getting up, she walked to the bathroom. Winter mornings were hated for a reason. Lightly walking to the bed, she balanced the mug, praying to the Almighty to make Anika see reason and not red.

Snatching the sheet from over Anika's face, she tipped the jar on a groaning Anika's face, only to have Anika sit up in shock.

“What the fuck!” Anika shouted as the water spilled over her, eyes wide open, sleep all gone. Mouth wide open, she looked at her sister in shock. Gauri apologetically smiled at her drenched sister. With a satisfied smile she turned around to find the Oberoi brothers at the door, looking at her in shock.

“Well, this is a regular morning at the Trivedi Apartment!” She smiled brightly before holding her head and groaning.

“Nothing to see here anymore, you guys can watch News or Sports or whatever till we get dressed.”

---

Eh, the measures were quite drastic, I have lodt all motivation to write at all. Pardon me as I find my writing bug again. Might take a while :(

BlackManiacx