chapter xx

chapter xx. A Dinner with the Oberois

The week flew like a breeze and Shivaay and Anika had no contact whatsoever. It felt weird to settle into the regular routine again given that they had spent a lot of time talking to each other or around each other before this. It was Thursday evening when Anika's phone buzzed again with Pinky's name on it.

"Hey aunty!" she greeted as she stepped out of her heels. Walking to the kitchen, she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and walked to the shelf where all their take out menus were neatly set. Something Anika had done with a lot of dedication.

"Are you home Anika?" Pinky asked without replying to Anika's greeting.

"Yes, I just came home, why?"

"Shivaay told me you'd like spending time with yourself but would you join us for dinner tonight? See I didn't ask the entire week but you will be here tomorrow anyway, what with date night and then Om's birthday preparation."

Anika nodded before she realised she was on phone. "Aunty I would come," she definitely would have, "but it's late and coming all the way then coming back home..."

"No worries. You pack yourself a bag with your clothes for work tomorrow and a dress for your date, of course and I'll ask Shivaay to pick you up on his way home. I am sure he'd be desperate to meet you."

Before Anika could protest, Pinky had dropped the call and Anika was left with no option. She sighed. Back to playing Shivaay ji's girlfriend.

-

Shivaay 'ji': I am here. Hurry up.

Locking the door safely shut, Anika took the elevator. Not seeing him for a week and she was back to being nervous. She had also almost forgotten about the date tomorrow if not for Vidhi calling in and reminding her.

She smiled at him when she saw him leaned against the car, busy with his phone, looking up to smile at her.

Anika expected him to open the door for her but he walked back to the driver's seat. What was the point of even standing then?

"So, how was your week?" he asked once they were on the road.

"Well, pretty regular, pre-meeting-my-fake-boyfriend type of week." Anika mumbled.

"Well, I am glad." Shivaay smiled.

"What's gotten into you? How are you smiling so much?"

"I am seeing my girlfriend after 4 days, I am happy." Shivaay chuckled and Anika snorted. "Yeah right."

"We had this presentation for an important client today. My team had been prepping all month. I am almost sure we have the deal so."

"That's great."

"What about you? You never talk about your work."

"Not everyone's CEO of their companies." Anika smiled. "I have been desk-ridden for almost 4 months now."

"Really, why?"

"Some things, I really think I don't have to share with you."

"Oh, I thought we were acquainted enough for me to know about you drunk dancing at a client's wedding."