chapter lvii

chapter lvii. The Kind of Girlfriend

Shivaay and Anika were sitting on the bed with their backs against the headrest, a cup of coffee each in their hands.

“It's kind of weird to think I am dating someone.” Anika broke the silence, looking at him with a small smile.

Shivaay smiled. “It'll sink in, I hope.”

Anika nodded and looked at him for a few seconds, clearly thinking something.

“What?” Shivaay asked after a few seconds.

Anika shook her head and shifted slightly, resting her head on his shoulder. “This is supposed to feel nice.”

“Does it?”

“It's a little uncomfortable.” Anika mumbled. Shivaay grinned and adjusted himself.

“Better?”

Anika hummed, watching as Shivaay took her hand in his, interlocking their fingers.

“I wanted to ask you for something.” Shivaay sounded a little unsure.

“What is it?” Anika took a sip from her coffee, waiting for him to talk.

“This might make me sound like a jerk but I was kind of hoping we would wait a little before telling everyone we are dating?”

Anika pulled away and looked at him with a smile. “I mean, it's not exactly necessary to tell your family the moment you start dating someone. Even when we were fake-dating we waited two months.” Anika wriggled her eyebrows making Shivaay laugh.

“Anyway, I still want to make sure you know it's nothing about us.” Shivaay smiled. “I have been working really hard for the project and I am not sure how Dad and Bade Papa will react after they come to know. Plus, it being Mr. Chaudhary already means Bade Papa will be touchy about the whole thing.

Also, the reason I am less proud of, I kind of want Om to tell me about him and Gauri first.” Shivaay smiled sheepishly.

Anika rolled her eyes before grinning. “I kind of want to see what dating in secret feels like and the fact that your entire family already thinks we are dating and my parents pretty much knowing about it makes Gauri and Om the only two people I can actually keep it a secret from.”

“Of course.” Shivaay smiled. “Wait, were you the one who told Rudra when we almost kissed?”

“What? No! Why would you think that?” Anika frowned.

“I mean, he said I was talking in my sleep but I am pretty sure that's not something I do.”

Anika bit her lip. “The only person I told was... Saumya.” Her eyes lit up. “Haw, my secret circle has a leak!”

Shivaay gave her a sad smile. “I am so sorry.”

Anika hit her head against his shoulder and groaned. “I told her so many things. I cannot even begin to think what else she could have told Rudra.”

Shivaay ran his fingers up and down her arm. “What kind of things?”

Anika pulled away, grinning. “Wouldn't you like to know?”

“I absolutely want to.” Shivaay's hand was on her face, playing with the loose hair falling out of her bun.

“Too bad.” Anika stuck out her tongue.

Before Shivaay could protest, he saw Anika ready to ask another question. “What?”

“What kind of girlfriend do you want?” Anika asked.