chapter lxi

chapter lxi. Questions

Anika huffed to herself as she took steps up the staircase. It was difficult, given her broken leg. Where even was Shivaay? It had been almost half an hour since she last saw him, dripping water as he walked.

She reached the top of the staircase and looked around. Her room was on the far corner of the floor, right next wall was Gauri's. And then, right in front of her was the guest bedroom, where her boyfriend was supposed to be. The door was slightly open and she pushed it, to see Shivaay standing in front of the mirror, buttoning his shirt. His phone was placed on the wide dressing table.

"Yes Mom, we reached half an hour ago. I couldn't call you because well, I-"

"Were talking to Anika's parents?" Pinky sounded excited. "Do they like you? You didn't offend them, did you?"

"Mom, calm down. I am not asking them for Anika's hand in marriage. I am in Pune, I am staying over at their place. I just happen to be Anika's boyfriend."

"But you will need to impress them for whenever you do ask for her hand right?"

Shivaay didn't answer, moving onto his cuffs.

"You know, we are waiting for you downstairs for lunch." Anika decided to speak, now that the two of them had been silent for long enough.

Shivaay turned to her a little scared, thrown off-guard. "What the hell? I didn't hear you come up."

Anika only smiled in amusement.

"Wait, Shivaay is making everyone wait on the table? That is absolutely rude!" Pinky gasped. "What is so important that you're not with them?"

Shivaay looked at the phone weirdly. "I am literally talking to you."

"We haven't been talking for more than five minutes."

Anika snorted, walking towards Shivaay. She sat on the table, head leaning against the wall.

"Well, I was..." Shivaay trailed off. Teling his Mom was not it. "I was freshening up."

"Yeah, he now smells even better than my Dad's garden." Anika nodded, wearing her best innocent face.

Shivaay rolled his eyes. Very funny, he mouthed.

"Mom, I'll talk to you later?"

"Of course! Don't keep them waiting. Behave yourself."

Shivaay sighed. "I am not a five year old."

Pinky quickly said 'I love you's to the two of them, dropping the call.

Shivaay took a step back, looking at Anika with a questioning smile. "How do I look?"

"The black makes you look handsome." Anika smiled back.

Shivaay turned to her. "What is it with you and throwing compliments at me all of a sudden? Called me hot earlier, now this. I am not used to Anika complimenting me."

Anika gave a dramatic sigh. "I am trying to make you feel better about yourself, feeding your ego. I mean, my Dad drenching you was probably not a confidence booster, was it?"

Shivaay frowned. "He did it on purpose, didn't he?"

Anika bit her lip. "I think he saw what you did when you pulled the car a little before my house."

Shivaay groaned, coming to stand in front of her. "Well his first impression of me already makes him hate me then."

Anika really wanted to tell him her Dad was mostly okay with him, she did. But where was the fun in that?