chapter xli

chapter xli. Cupid Rudra Strikes

Much later that night, Shivaay had just finished with his call when Rudra barged into the room.

“Bhaiya! What is this I hear from O? You were on a date with Lady Baba? Please don't tell me you guys are getting together for the hundredth time.” Rudra flopped down on the bed, looking at Shivaay curiously.

Shivaay shook his head. “Was there any point where your dislike for her wasn't evident?”

Rudra grinned cheekily, now laying on the bed comfortably. “How was it?”

“It was okay, until it wasn't.” Shivaay sighed, keeping his laptop on the side table and laying down as well. “She was unnecessarily being rude–”

Rudra immediately turned and stared at Shivaay. “She was rude to you?”

“No, to Anika.”

“Haww, why Anika Didi?”

“Anika might have spilled wine on her dress.” Shivaay pressed his lips together.

Rudra chuckled. “Of course Anika Di did that!”

“Rudra, don't laugh.” Shivaay chided.

“Oh come on, even you want to.” Rudra showed Shivaay his tongue. Shivaay only snorted before clearing his throat.

“So, anyway. Then Anika and I had dinner but I messed up?”

Before Rudra knew it, he let it slip, “Did you try to kiss her, again?”

Shivaay's eyes widened, so did Rudra's. “What are you talking about?”

Rudra stared at him for a few seconds. “Well, you were blabbering something in your sleep.”

Shivaay frowned. “I was talking in my sleep? About trying to kiss Anika? Why would I?”

Rudra bit the inside of his cheek. Couldn't tell Shivaay of the actual origin of the story, could he?

“I don't know, you must be having dreams.” Rudra wriggled his eyebrows.

Rudra could swear he had never seen his brother blush before this day like that. “Bhaiya?”

Shivaay punched him lightly. “I never said that.”

“But you are blushing, which means it is true.” Rudra grinned.

“That is absolute nonsense.”

“Oh come on, you can confess to me that you like Anika Di.”

Shivaay shook his head. “Rudra why would you think that?”

“Why would I not?” Rudra countered sitting up again.

“Oh come on Bhaiya, what is there to not like? She is smart and funny and adorable and somehow she likes—” Rudra paused, making Shivaay raise an eyebrow.

“Likes what?”

“Likes the exact same music as you!” Rudra hastily added with a smile.

“No she doesn't.” Shivaay rolled his eyes. He remembered their arguments from the other day.

“Oh she does.” Rudra nodded solemnly. “She actually liked it when you made her listen to it but because it is you, she won't let you know.”

Shivaay was still suspicious but it did sound like something Anika would do. “Whatever.”

“Do you not want someone as fun as Anika Di around you all the time?” Rudra pouted a little.

“Rudra, go sleep.” Shivaay mumbled.