chapter xxiv

chapter xxiv. Do you want me to?

Varun laughed and Anika smiled widely. Who knew her night would turn out to be so amazing?

"Well, you should meet my sister. She is terrifying."

"Nikita was sweet from what I remember."

"Not at all. She is very menacing. And a menace."

Anika blinked lightly when she felt something wet on her nose. Blinking again, she looked up in confusion.

"Oh looks like it's, we should head inside?" Varun got down the stool, offering her a hand which she gladly took.

By the time they reached the area outside the door which thankfully had a roof, they were both slightly drenched.

Laughing at Varun as he tried to dry himself, Anika took out her phone, only to find a message from Shivaay.

Shivaay 'ji': Wrapped up. Be outside in a couple minutes.

As if on cue, he appeared from behind them.

"I didn't know you'd take that message so seriously and wait right outside the door."

Shifting slightly, she turned to him with a frown.

"Why are you done already?"

"You are here with Shivaay Singh Oberoi?" Varun asked, surprise evident.

The two of them turned to look at him.

"Yeah, the 'situation' I talked about." Anika air-quoted situation.

"This guy is like one of the best businessmen. How are you annoyed by him? How is he a 'situation'?" Varun chuckled, also air-quoting for emphasis.

Anika frowned. "Don't tell me you find him interesting too."

Shivaay frowned. "First of all, you succesfully managed to ruin my mood."

"Oh please. It is your fault. I have literally no reason to-"

"Second, who is this guy?"

Anika looked at him meaningfully. At Shivaay's clueless expression, she sighed. "How are you so oblivious? Remember, I sent you a picture of me and him? Varun?"

"Oh right! The we-" he stopped at Anika's expression. "The one your mom set you up on a date with." Anika smiled.

"You talked about me to Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Is it safe to assume it was all good stuff?" Varun smiled at her.

Anika bit her cheek, trying to keep herself from smiling.

"Maybe."

"So what exactly is this situation of yours?"

Anika looked at him for a few seconds, wondering what to say. Gauri and Om sucking faces? Her crazily declaring herself Shivaay's girlfriend? Fake-dating him? Accompanying him to dates to baby-sit him? None of those sounded, normal... Except maybe the Gauri and Om bit. But then again, Shivaay was right here. How could she give away the very reason all of this was happening?

"Well, I have been following him for a number of days and have a really well planned murder scheme in mind. Just waiting for the right moment."

Varun nodded, half amused.

"Look, I am going to my car. If you are interested, you can come with me. Or find a ride for yourself."

Anika rolled her eyes at the attitude and smiled sheepishly. "I have to go."