chapter v

chapter v. Annoying

The moment Shivaay and Anika disappeared from the house, Om and Gauri looked at each other in horror.

What had just happened?

They were still at their hiding spot and looked on as the family slowly dispersed to their rooms. Pinky dragged Janhavi along with her, pretty excited with this new found information. Their husbands had followed, a discussion sparked between them too. Afterall, Shivaay had a girlfriend now.

It was only Rudra who was left behind, still looking at the retreating backs of the elders. Making sure that everyone was gone, Om and Gauri hurried to him. Om had to snap his fingers in front of him to catch his attention.

The moment he saw Om, he frowned.

"I thought it was only you guys who believed in secret romance. Bhaiya too?"

Om shuddered.

"Please tell me whatever I saw was a dream." Gauri looked at both of them hopefully to no avail. They looked jist as confused.

"Gauri?" Om looked at her with a frown. "I know I want to marry you soon but this, this is so abrupt!What did she even say to make Shivaay agree she is his girlfriend?"

"What do you mean?" Rudra narrowed his eyes. "What all have you done without telling me?"

Om looked at Rudra sheepishly. "Not much, really."

"Yeah, just gotten Shivaay Bhaiya a girlfriend without me interviewing her."

Gauri rolled her eyes. Rudra's 'interview' was a terrible thing to undergo. He would ask the most random and stupid questions. Plus, it had been super awkward for Gauri, considering Rudra had just walked in on them. Thankfully, they were slightly farther away than when Anika did. Gauri shuddered.

"I had a thought..." Gauri's voice was a mere whisper. Om and Rudra looked at her curiously. "What if, they are actually dating?"

"Oh my maata!" Rudra screeched, looking at Gauri with a frown. "Di, I trust my Shivaay Bhaiya. He won't keep such a big secret from me."

"You trusted even Om na." Gauri snorted. "Even I trust Anika Di but why would she declare herself as some stranger's girlfriend?"

Before anything else, Rudra's frown deepened. "Anika Di? She is your sister?"

Gauri shrugged.

"Matlab O aur Bhaiya ne ek hi ghar main setting kar di."

Om hit Rudra on his head. "Can you talk something worthwhile? You know what. Call Shivaay."

Rudra gladly did, only to drop the call with disappointment.

"He is so busy with his girlfriend that he cannot even pick my phone." Rudra snorted and crossed his arms across his chest, glaring at Gauri nd Om.

"At leat tell me what happened!"

Om shrugged. "Gauri will explain. It is her fault, after all."

"Actually, I am going to go home and ask Anika Di what exactly happened. Om will fill you in." With that, Gauri quickly walked way, leaving behind Rudra who stared at Om questioningly.