chapter xxxix

chapter xxxix. The One Time Shivaay Decided to Overshare

Shivaay had started driving again and the car was awfully silent, both deep in their own thoughts.

"Since when do you know?" Anika asked after a while.

Shivaay thought for a second. "Om had been behaving odd for a while, I mean, I was sure there was something. And then suddenly you come, all determined to get me married." Shivaay scoffed lightly. "I mean, for a second there, I thought you wanted to marry Om which is why you wanted me to, you know, get married."

Anika made a disgusted face, making Shivaay grin. "Of course, that was before I knew you. Now I know, you will be willing to do anything for no reason at all."

"Hey," Anika lightly hit his shoulder, "I was doing it for Gauri."

"Right. So, anyway it was mostly luck that when Om and Gauri went for that trip, the bills somehow landed in my office. There was only one room and a lot of money on couple's activities. They really didn't bother to hide anything." Shivaay shrugged.

"Wow, so you are telling me, you knew it since the beginning." Anika frowned.

"I did."

"You could've just told me. I would have stopped this stupidity long ago." Anika mumbled.

"Well, I wasn't sure if I could trust you. What if you would just go tell Om that I already know."

"And that would be wrong because?" Anika was confused. Very confused.

Shivaay didn't answer.

"Why does your family not believe in talking about things?" Anika asked with a frown.

Shivaay sighed. "Anika, this is a big thing in Om's life and I would rather he shares it with me upfront."

Anika smiled a little. "You know they didn't really tell anyone. I came to know because I walked in on them and as far as I know, that's what happened with Rudra as well."

Shivaay looked at her with wide eyes. "Wait, what do you mean walked in on them? That must have been... Bad.”

“Well they weren't, you know,” Anika looked at him meaningfully, “just heavy make-out session.” she smiled, cheeks pink due to the embarrassment.

Shivaay laughed a little. “Thank God I didn't have to go through that.”

Anika shook her head. Before she could say anything, Shivaay stopped the car in front of a restaurant close to her house.

“Why did you stop?” Anika looked at him curiously.

Shivaay looked as if it were obvious. “I didn't get any dinner, neither did you. We can get some take out?”

Anika smiled at him, ignoring the sudden pit in her stomach. This crush was going to kill her, guranteed.

---

Half an hour later, the car was still parked on the same spot, Shivaay enjoying his pasta, Anika her club sandwich. Shivaay had asked her what she'd like and jogged to the restaurant, getting the food for the two of them as Anika looked at him in complete awe. What was going On Om and Gauri's minds when they introduced him to her, Anika had no idea.

As Anika took the last bite of her sandwich, Shivaay noticed she looked a little confused.

“What's going on?” He asked, wiping his face.

“I think I want iced coffee but I also want to eat dessert.” Anika smiled cheekily.

“Of course you say that, after we've finished eating.”