chapter xxvi

chapter xxvi. Plain ol' Attraction

Shivaay was confused when the first question she asked him was his birthdate. "I am not sure if this is your idea of fun but great going."

"It's like a warm up. I should know the basics about you, at least."

"January 8th. My turn."

Shivaay looked at her for a few seconds. “So, if I ask a question, you are answering it honestly, right?”

“Yeah and since I answered this, it's my turn again.”

“What? Not fair!”

Anika only showed him her tongue and began thinking the next question.

“How many girlfriends did you have? Did you even have one?”

Shivaay, looked to the other side dramatically.

“Sore loser Shivaay Singh Oberoi.”

“Well, I had three.”

“Oh my God! How?”

Not answering, Shivaay smiled sweetly. “What is one moment in your life that you regret?”

“Oh that's very easy. When I saw Gauri making out with-” Anika stopped, realising what she was about to say. “Well her boyfriend.”

Shivaay raised an eyebrow. “That must have been difficult. Who was this guy?”

“What would you be doing if you were not running a business?”

“Oh come on we should have follow-up questions!” Shivaay complained making Anika laugh a little.

“Who knew you were a gossip monger?”

“Well, I haven't actually thought of an alternate career but maybe I would have been a professor? Most people say I am good at teaching business so if not business...” Shivaay trailed off. After a brief pause, he asked, “Where do you see yourself in five years?”

“Maybe running my own little wedding planning business. Preferably rich enough to keep a chef for myself and have subscriptions to all streaming services. Throwing your question at you, where do you see yourself in 10 years?”

“Still a good businessman. I also really want to start trade in coffee so maybe that. Definitely married, Mom's not letting me go for that long. Wow, now that I think of it, she would have probably bugged me into getting kids too.”

Anika laughed. “Well, I'll have to make sure you are married too. I can't handle this for ten years.”

“True. So, best boyfriend you've had?”

Anika froze. “What if I skip a question?”

“Well, I don't know much. Maybe you get a punishment but your punishment will be answering that question. So...”

Anika frowned. “Uhh...”

Shivaay looked at her eagerly.

“I have never had a boyfriend. Except this guy who I had coffee with but that was only once, so technically, you are the closest I have come to calling someone, 'boyfriend'. He wanted to kiss me but I didn't let him.”

“Oh my God.” Shivaay let go of the duvet and kept his hands on his face for dramatic effect. “You are supposed to be putting my romantic life om track when you have no experience.”

“Oh shut up.” Anika played with her hands, slightly embarassed. Shivaay kept moving his eyebrows, effectively annoying her.

“My turn. I am not feeling very creative, so who was your best girlfriend?”