chaper li

chapter li. What Kiss? That Kiss.

While Rudra, Om and Gauri really kept the conversation going on the dinner table, Shivaya and Anika were awfully silent. Rudra, unaware of the already heavy tension between his beloved brother and hopeful Bhabhi, had very cheerfully made sure Shivaay had to sit next to Anika only, by putting up the extra chair right next to her. If Shivaay pulled it away, it would look oddly suspicious, given that they were cuddling last night.

Talk about being stuck in awkward situations.

The other three occupants of the house eventually noticed the tension, noticing how Anika would avoid any contact to Shivaay which meant only pushing the pasta bowl his way while her gaze was stuck on her plate.

Shivaay's panic was growing. Oh he should have first talked to her. He needed to know what was going on in her mind. Was she upset? Happy? Awkward? The last thing he expected was Anika ceasing all conversation.

“Well, you guys sure did an excellent job in the kitchen today.” Rudra grinned.

Anika, in the middle of chewing her garlic bread choked on it. Shivaay gave her a glass of water with oursed lips as Gauri rubbed her back.

“Are you okay Anika Di?” Gauri asked, looking a little unsure.

“Yeah.” Anika nodded. “Actually I don't feel that hungry. I'll eat later.”

“Have the soup, at least.” Shivaay finally looked at her. She looked up, nodding her head.

“I'll just be in my room.” She smiled at everyone. “I'll drink the soup in a while.”

Gauri curiously looked around for a second before getting up and following Anika in the room.

Rudra narrowed his eyes. “What happened?”

Shivaay looked up, his best confused look in place. “What?”

Rudra rolled his eyes, going back to narrating his story.

---

When Gauri left her, Anika laid down on her bed, eyes wide open. It didn't take seconds for all of the kiss to come rushing to her brain. Not like the thoughts had even left. Her body was still tingling, she could still feel the ghost of Shivaay's touches. His lips on hers... Her hands in his hair.

Anika couldn't help the wide smile breaking out on her face. Shivaay had kissed and God, that was one hell of a kiss.

Anika closed her eyes in frustration, realising that she might have completely thrown Shivaay off with her behaviour. You could not completely blame her either. She was stunned. What could she possibly say after they made out in her kitchen?she fished out her phone and opened her chat with Saumya. Well, at least someone could help her.

Hey

Saumya: Hi Anika Di! How are you feeling now?

Fantastic

Saumya: Wow, that is amazing. What brightened up your mood?

Anika stared at the screen, wondering if she should tell Saumya. Not like she could tell her sister.

Well

Shivaay and I

We kissed...

Saumya: WHAT?!