chapter vii

vii. A Fresh Start?

Anika and Shivaay sat face to face. After Shivaay had dropped Pinky's call Vidhi came in and told him that an employee wanted him to go through a presentation that they had to present sometime this week.

Shivaay had asked Anika to wait while he finished off work. So Anika sat with her phone, scrolling through her social media.

"Your brother loves you so much." Anika mumbled catching Shivaay's attention.

"What?"

"Rudra, he loves you a lot."

Shivaay furrowed his brows. "What makes you say that? I mean it is true but why were you reminded of him suddenly."

Anika rolled her eyes before showing him the picture Rudra had posted, of him and Shivaay.

"Last night he followed me," Anika shurgged and Shivaay nodded, a light smile on his face.

"He is an idiot." he mumbled before getting to work.

When he was done, he shut his laptop and relaxed in his chair, eyes finally flitting to Anika who was engrossed in her phone. What did he ever do to land in such a situation?

She looked up and raised her eyebrows in question. "Can we leave? I am really hungry."

Shivaay nodded. "Wait outside, I'll be there in a while."

Anika nodded and quickly went out. The moment she closed the door behind her, she smiled to herself. Even slight distance from him made her feel so refreshed already.

Taking a deep breath, Anika looked around to spot his PA looking at her curiously.

Anika raised an eyebrow and when she realised that Anika was acknowledging her, she quickly came to Anika, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Oh my God! This is so dream-like!"

Anika raised a brow in confusion, turning to look behind her. What was dream-like? Shivaay's closed door?

"I can't believe it, Shivaay Sir actually found someone."

Anika whipped her head again to look at her in shock. "Sorry what?"

"Of course I know you are his girlfriend." Vidhi's face paled. "You don't have a temper like his, right?"

Anika sighed. "I am not his girlfriend and I don't have his temper either."

"Pinky ma'am did tell me in the morning. She just said he is very shy about this whole dating thing so I shouldn't actually talk to him about it directly."

"He is shy?" Anika looked at her incredulously. "You've got it all wrong. We aren't dating. No chance."

Vidhi frowned. Before they could continue, Shivaay opened the door and walked right into Anika who frowned. He looked up from his phone.

"Could you at least stand at a litrle distance from the door?"

"Could you at least look around yourself instead of your phone?"

Anika turned to Vidhi again who was looking at them in sheer amusement. Anika turned to Shivaay again. "She thinks we are dating."

Shivaay frowned. "Can you not go around and tell everyone?"

Vidhi's smile widened.

Shivaay turned to her. "Vidhi, I am not dating Ms. Anika. I hope you are under no such impressions anymore."

"But Sir, if YOU are finally dating someone, why not share it with everyone?"

Shivaay sighed. "Mom told you all of this?"