chapter xxxiv

chapter xxxiv. Panic Leads to the Slicing of Necks

Seated in the back of a sleek Oberoi car, Saumya stared as Anika took deep breaths, muttering to herself. It had been almost fifteen minutes since they left the mansion and it had been a cycle of Anika falling down the hole.

"Anika Di?"

Anika groaned, burying her face in her hands. "What am I going to do?"

"Di, I don't know exactly what happened but did he say something? Was he mad?"

Anika was immediately taken back to that point in time where their faces were too close, his eyes staring down at hers, lips mobing closer. She shut her eyes, hoping the images would be gone.

"I don't know how he reacted. I ran before he could. I mean, I am supposed to be the fake girlfriend, what even got into me tonight."

"Maybe, because of what happened yesterday?" Saumya smiled sympathetically. She didn't particularly understand Anika's reaction but if she was panicking like that, whatever happened must have left her pretty shook.

"How will I face him?" Anika groaned, hitting her head with her own fist.

The driver turned to the road that led upto Anika's building.

"Well, as long as you guys see each other regularly, you really would have to talk it out, what it meant, how it affects your arrangement..." Saumya trailed off.

Anika bit her lip before her eyes lightened up.

"You are such a genius Saumya!"

Saumya gulped. She was smart, yes but she hadn't really said-

"I simply have to ignore Shivaay and wait for him to, maybe forget about it?"

Saumya gave Anika a blank look. Ow would she even do that?

"Di, that is definitely not what I was suggesting."

Unluckily for Saumya, the driver pulled over and Anika jumped out of the car. She gave Saumya a flying kiss and shut the door, looking extremely satisfied with whatever plan she had come up with.

Saumya had half-a-mind to knock Anika out and put some sense into her brain but she realised she wasn't quite close enough to Anika. And given what she had just seen, Anika was very impulsive at snipping people out.

---

Shivaay couldn't remember the last time he was feeling so utterly embarrassed and confused. He had no idea how he was even supposed to approach Anika after this.

Just seconds after they had decided they were friends, they went ahead and ruined it.

Of course, he realised most of the blame was Anika's but his own actions? Where did those come from?

Sitting there, amongst his excited family members, Shivaay nervously tapped his foot. He really needed a way out of this 'situation' he had landed himself in.

Quickly standing up, he excused himself, apologizing to everyone and all but ran to his room, locking it shut. The last thing he needed was for Rudra to come in and demand explanations that Shivaay himself didn't have.

---

Anika was way too good at avoiding. She had denied one invite to dinner on Wednesday and the fact that Shivaay didn't even try to contact her definitely helped.

Shivaay, on the other hand had been hoping Anika would be the one to initiate any sort of conversation. He simply had no idea what he was supposed to say. Friday afternoon, he sat in his room, going over some accounts when Misha knocked on his door.