chapter xiv

chapter xiv. That Little Crack in the Wall

Anika sniffed the air dramatically as Shivaay walked out with the food.

"Here you go." Shivaay placed the tray in front of her. Seeing Shivaay hover above her, she smiled at him.

"I am not Gordon Ramsay. You can chill and sit."

"Oh I am sure you are not." Shivaay frowned and settled on the couch beside hers, looking at her for a few seconds expectantly before chiding himself mentally and taking out his phone.

Anika began eating while Shivaay silently wished she would say anything about the food. Of course he would want to know. It was Shivaay cooking for someone other than family for the first time.

Shivaay sighed and leaned back on the couch, gasping as something poked him. Anika looked at him weirdly. Shivaay turned and found a black cloth peeping out from behind the cushion.

Giving her a look, he turned to take it out. It looked like an overcoat.

"Why would you stuff clothes behind your living room cushions?"

"That's definitely not mine, alright?"

Shivaay looked at the coat for a few seconds before it struck him. "What is this doing here?"

"I told you, I don't know." Anika sighed, getting back to her food.

"This is Om's!"

Anika coughed, shocked. Shivaay looked at her in confusion.

"I guess he might have left it here this week. He was over for discussing work with Gauri."

Shivaay nodded, wondering how Om was so careless.

The bell rang and Anika looked at Shivaay expectantly. He shook his head negatively. He was not going to open the door. Especially not when she ordering him around. Without even speaking or saying please.

Saving them from diving into another argument, the door opened itself, revealing Gauri who was looking around curiously, followed by Om whose smile wavered when he saw Shivaay.

“Thank God you are here. I and Gauri were growing worried.” Om sighed.

“Worried about what?” Anika asked, wondering how Om and Gauri had time to 'worry' when they couldn't even hide their deeds.

“Di, it's been three hours since we talked on phone. You said you guys were heading home. Neither did you pick my call again and neither did Shivaay Bhaiya come home.”

Anika nodded her understanding before going back to food.

“Where did you order that aloo puri from?” Gauri sighed as she walked in, followed by Om who was busy in a staring contest with Shivaay.

“Billu Bhandar.” Anika said getting confused looks from her sister and Om while Shivaay gave her a glare.

“Don't you think that is a slightly weird restaurant that you chose to order from. What happened to Pizza Hut and the regulars?” Om mused.

Oho Om, what sort of brother are you?” Anika raised her eyebrows in amusement making Om understand what she meant. He looked at Shivaay incredulously.

“Well she was busy stalking me the whole night because of you and didn't eat so I decided I could, you know.” Shivaay wavered off. “Why did you come here?” he looked at him suspiciously.

“Uh, well you weren't home, Anika didn't pick our calls so obviously we were worried you ended up killing each other or something. She did say the date was a disaster.”