chapter xlvii

chapter xlvii. Deal or No Deal?

It was around 7pm when Shivaay finally headed back to his room. He had back to back meetings all day, courtesy his unexpected visit to the hospital.

It was dark, except a couple candles burning on the side table.

“Why does my room look like there's a magic spell about to be performed in here?”

Gauri, from what he could see, scrambled off the bed and rushed to where he stood. “Congrats, you're on Anika duty now.”

Before Shivaay could ask what was happening, she was out of his sight. “Wow, you really tortured her, didn't you?”

He heard Anika laugh a little. Light from the candle finally fell on her face as she shifted a little, sitting up.

“The bright light was hurting me.” Anika explained waving her hands around. Shivaay nodded, not sure if she could even see him. The corridor's lights were dimmed as well, most definitely his Mom's doing. He moved to his wadrobe, rummaging around a little.

“How did you get your phone back? When did you even steal it?” Anika asked in a low voice.

Shivaay chuckled. “What do you think?”

Anika didn't reply and Shivaay waited for a bit. “It fell on the bed when I was, you know, laying you down. You didn't notice so I sneaked it.”

“Somehow, I have a hard time believing that.”

Shivaay, finally having found the file he was looking for, walked towards the bed. He cocked an eyebrow, “Are you accusing me of something?”

Anika rolled her eyes. Shivaay stood there for a few seconds before sitting beside her, smiling. “So, did having no phone help?”

Anika watched as he took off his suit jacket, noticing how his shirt fit him a little too perfectly.

“I got Rudra to give me his laptop and watched a little bit of a movie on Netflix but then my head started hurting.” Anika smiled a little.

“Of course it did. You know a concussion is a pretty bad thing. You need rest.”

“Oh trust me, I've been told that too many times already. Pinky Aunty's making me eat so many fruits and so much of healthy food, I feel like I am sick. I mean, it's a broken bone and a broken brain. I can handle junk food.”

She then turned to look at him hopefully. “Please get me something tasty. I have had too much kadha. I am never getting sick, ever again.”

Shivaay raised his hands in mock surrender. “Dare I defy my Mom?”

“You bought me five tubs of ice cream. You spoiled me. So now get me at least a bowl? Please, please, please.” Anika blinked a little too much.

“Why would I do that?” Shivaay was amused but couldn't let her know that, could he?

“Basic logic. Ice cream's made of milk, milk has calcium and doesn't my ankle bone need calcium to heal?”

Shivaay rolled his eyes and didn't relent.

“Fine, I'll owe you one.”

“Now, we're talking business.” Shivaay grinned.

“Can I get my phone?” Anika asked, not two seconds later.

“Nope.”

“Shivaay please. I barely got to use it over the last two days and now this. I miss it.” Anika whined.